Mods

Oddbakk_E8, i wish you will have the time to do the sound mod you spoke in :

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=112163

Of course if you're always in the mood to :D

I've actually been working on something like that.

But it uses the default sounds but rearranges them by caliber instead of weapon.

So there is one sound for 7.92 mauser, one for 45acp and so on.

It might sound like a wierd idea, but it actually works.

The different rates of fire makes the weapons distinct from eachother anyway.

I've tried it and the MG42 sounds different from the MG34.

I have a few testers right now, and after some feedback, I'll be releasing versions for all CMx2 games set in WWII.

ahh so the mods work? great news! Need a sound mod for the russian guns asap...if someone would do that, it would be highly appreciated! thx ;)

Hah! I've been working on the russian weapons for months now :P

I only have to download the game to get the filenames and check some minor details out before releasing my RT version of my soundmod :D

Ok. No wonder it didn't look like they were working. I just have these installed, as they were proven to work in CMRT:

Aris Dust and Smoke Mod

Aris Flames Mod

Aris HD Explosion Mod

Veins_skies_CMBN_v1

Veins_tracers_C

So, no more 'z' folder like in CMBN? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. BFC are switching to the Documents folder for mods going forward?

And, it's Jeffro, not Jethro. Just to be clear. :D

Did you try using the vehicle textures mods too?

I can assure you those work 100% as well. As long as the vehicle in question is in the game.

You only have to be careful if using a CMFI mod - the mod tags (e.g. "[mainland]") will NOT work apart from "[muddy]".

'Z' in CMRT folder DOES work.

It's true, though, that you don't realize the difference unless you know how the stock game looks. :D

I just want to make sure I understand this completely (which can sometimes take a while).

There are two folders where you can put the mods, now? In the installed directory 'z' folder, and also the documents\userdata\mods folder?

Is there a reason for two locations?

BFC was forced into doing the Red Thunder folder thing in Documents by new OS 8 security protocols. Since CMBN predated OS 8 it escaped that fate. You can drop your own mods folder into data if you want. That's what I do just for convenience sake.

ALL of my mods for other CM games work EXCEPT "Animated text". Wait for specific CMRT release for that one.

No, really?

What a shocker!

Animated text usually works so well whenever the slightest thing is changed in the game :P

Hehehehe, must be annoying to have to update that all the time man, I feel for ya.