Mods

No, really?

What a shocker!

Animated text usually works so well whenever the slightest thing is changed in the game :P

Hehehehe, must be annoying to have to update that all the time man, I feel for ya.

No matter how much It is specified that it must be updated there is always someone who seems to miss the memo, so I try to always remind people of that.

The mod is different than all other mods out there as it modifies a hard code file that changes sometimes (not always), so this is why it has to be updated.

It is no big deal to update. The biggest problem is those who fail to do so, and can't realize logicaly that the "animated text" mod is affecting the text. I could have been selfish by not sharing it, and kept it for myself which would make the updating issue easier though. Since Marco offered the graphics it has improved the original concepts look, but he is my Charles in making sure the update works so I do hate to have to bother him with that. He doesn't seem to mind though as he enjoys using the mod too. We both think it adds much to the GUI experience so think it is a whorthwhile project.

I just want to make sure I understand this completely (which can sometimes take a while).

There are two folders where you can put the mods, now? In the installed directory 'z' folder, and also the documents\userdata\mods folder?

Is there a reason for two locations?

MikeyD answered the why. There was also an upside. For people like myself that sometimes have multiple installs for specific PBEM games it allowed me to use some mods I want universally (sounds, buildings etc) and then others I wanted only for a specific install (unit icons and some terrain mods). This was particularly helpful for some CMFI games. However with the new scenario specific modding now available I expect I won't be doing multiple installs much anymore.

Hey guys, is there a mod available that will remove or reduce the background wind sounds? In every quick battle for CMRT and CMBN I have loud winds and I'd like to be able to clearly hear the other sounds.

I think that was one of the first mods released.

Look in the mods section some more :)

If you're referring to this one, it doesn't have distant artillery or anything, but it has wind, tons of birds, buzzing flies, and frogs and bugs at night.

Oh, you want complete silence?

I'm sure there are plenty of "silent" .wav files available for free.

Just download them and rename them to music end of battle.wav; music intro.wav and music splash.wav and then put them in your Z folder (or mod folder under documents) and it'll be all quiet :D

Hey guys, is there a mod available that will remove or reduce the background wind sounds? In every quick battle for CMRT and CMBN I have loud winds and I'd like to be able to clearly hear the other sounds.

This sounds like a problem I've been experiencing with every CM2 game so far: In my case this happens when you toggle out of CM while waiting for the game to load. Then (and only then) I often experience loud gale like wind sounds. The solution is simple (if the reason is the same): Don't toggle out of the game while loading (or toggle back in before the game has fully loaded).