Well, I did it and BOY is my wife gonna be pissed!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting detail: our dear friend Michael Enema once tried out for the part of the Strawman in The Wizard of Oz. His one redeeming quality was that he lacked a brain, which made him a prime candidate for the role.

No word on whether he got the part, but he's been attacking strawmen ever since.

@ Pedro

You've got a deal.

Good choice of bevies, as well. I happen to know the Canadian distributor of Ennis & Gun, head of PMACanada. I could probably get your Edinburgh brew cheaper than you could and you live there...go figure!

Cuz if there's one thing Wee Scots love more than the drink, it's saving money on the drink.

Don't worry about the pipes. I'll get ahold of a set. Never mind that I've never played them in my life. There's a first time for everything. I'll blow into one end. Noise will come out the other end. That's what pipers do. How hard could it be? It can't possibly sound worse than the real deal, can it?

It would improve the quality of two countries at once.

Ooh, low blow ... I think !

Luckily peace with Canada has just broken out, so there's no risk of a 2-front war :D

For the record I rather like Caledonian 80, but Orkney brewery's Dark Island is the real deal, having brought me back into the fold from my dabblings in Belgian dark ale. :)

Do not take BLSTK's assertion that he is a real Canadian to heart. You have to think that -40C is a wee bit chilly, think toques are a national hat, that Bunny Hugs are acceptable winter wear and that you drink Vi-Co and dip your bread into Saskatoon Berry Jam.

You also have to be at most half something. (1/2 Sardinian, 1/2 Norwegian Sami).

But the one thing we can all agree on is that most American beer tastes like crap.

Do not take BLSTK's assertion that he is a real Canadian to heart. You have to think that -40C is a wee bit chilly, think toques are a national hat, that Bunny Hugs are acceptable winter wear and that you drink Vi-Co and dip your bread into Saskatoon Berry Jam.

You also have to be at most half something. (1/2 Sardinian, 1/2 Norwegian Sami).

But the one thing we can all agree on is that American beer tastes like crap.

Having recently had the pleasure of visiting the States for the first time, I have to agree - how can the greatest of countries have got it so wrong??

By the way, not wanting to enter the fray on the Scottish/Canadian question, I have to say that, much as I like my Canadian cousins, Bonnie Scotland wipes the floor with them.

And on the subject of haggis, I believe someone once said:

Is there that owre his French ragout,

Or olio that wad staw a sow,

Or fricassee wad mak her spew

Wi perfect scunner,

Looks down wi sneering, scornfu view

On sic a dinner?

Poor devil! see him owre his trash,

As feckless as a wither'd rash,

His spindle shank a guid whip-lash,

His nieve a nit;

Thro bloody flood or field to dash,

O how unfit!

But mark the Rustic, haggis-fed,

The trembling earth resounds his tread,

Clap in his walie nieve a blade,

He'll make it whissle;

An legs an arms, an heads will sned,

Like taps o thrissle.

Ye Pow'rs, wha mak mankind your care,

And dish them out their bill o fare,

Auld Scotland wants nae skinking ware

That jaups in luggies:

But, if ye wish her gratefu prayer,

Gie her a Haggis.

I couldn't put it better myself!

This thread is just proof of how mad Red Thunder is making us, maybe this was BF's plan all along. Drive us all mad, insane against each other, destroy what makes us human. I can imagine Steve at his computer with a large smile on his face, he brings his phone to his ear.

"Charles, I think a bug has come up, looks like it will be another two years..."

"Oh yes Steve, that bug will take two years...HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA"

:D

But the one thing we can all agree on is that most American beer tastes like crap.

Well, I'm assured that micro-breweries in Yankland ... wait, no, that just sounds ... wrong :D

... micro-breweries in USA do produce tasty ales.

My sig is really a reference to lager which is pretty cr@p all over the planet ;)

I don't know, Raptorx7, now that we're all on the same page regarding haggis, it's clear that rational thought .. well, taste, at least ... is becoming widespread :)

Do not take BLSTK's assertion that he is a real Canadian to heart...

Too funny, Jay-man.

Incidentally, I love your signature. As a grad student in Romance Languages ("Hello, Ladies"), I studied much of Voltaire's work.

One of my favourite lines is:

"il faut cultiver son propre jardin" or "we should get our own s*h*i*t together" (a somewhat loose bowel translation). Sadly, they broke the mould when they made him.

@ AlexUK

Way to not "enter the fray", Smart Aleks. It's a little late for that.

As for your assertion that any country "wipes the floor with your Canadian cousins"...

(a) rest assured your Canadian cousins think even less of you and...

(B) I'd have thought you might have heard of something called a towel. But then again, you were never known for your intellect, nor for your hygiene and...

© you should be pretty good at cleaning up messes since you've made plenty of them and...

(d) it's unfortunate that you aren't qualified to perform any other meaningful line of work and...

(e) people named Aleks are not particularly Smart. See what I did there? Didn't think so.

This is not an attack on Scots, nor on Bonnie Scotland. My love of both is duly noted. It is directed at one individual, who shall be nameless. And rightfully so, since he is a wanker.

@ pcpilot

Now the Californians. What can I possibly say about The Californians? Quite a bit, actually. But I will spare you all the hard feelings and myself the humiliation of then having to ask forgiveness because that is what we Canadians do.

PC, I am truly sorry for derailing your thread. If it be your wish that I refrain from any further comment (in this thread only, mind you), I shall abide out of respect for my Neighbors to the West who see the sun shine for a full three hundred and sixty-five f*u*c*k*i*n*g days of the year.

It won't be easy, but I will comply. It's your call.

Hey, how many of you have pre-ordered BFC's latest offering? Something with a working title of "Red Thunder". It'll be out any day now. Whatchall waiting for?

Co-pilot to pcpilot:

There, fixed the thread fer ya. It was the least I could do. In other news, I think we're all gonna die!