Big Bang

Waiting for Red Storm to arrive I was remembering the old days of Barbarossa to Berlin...

In one of those epic battles one of my flamethrower teams explosed while running in the open. I think a stray bullet ignited the fuel tank! Somebody remember this happening ? I am 51 years old and my memory play me tricks sometimes. :D

Can't remember this ever happening in CMBB. Have not seen it in CMRT so far either.

These flamethrowers are menacing though, could not resist to make a scenario that puts them to good use. Especially seeing the OT-34 flamethrower tank in action is very impressive.

Man carried flamethrowers are in too of course, but are more difficult to use effectively since their range is very limited. Getting them in a position to use their flame toy on a bunker or something is hard.

But you will find that out soon enough :D.

Come on, I know it is not a dream, one moment the soldier was there, and the next only a flameball, its ten years ago, but all we know how real this game is.

Last week we all saw how a machinegun bullet sent a tank in the tank paradise, so...

remember this happening ? I am 51 years old and my memory play me tricks sometimes. :D

your own answer is the answer, I never recall seeing it or hearing about it ever happening.

Normally I figure it is something where the guy dies and by chance a grenade or mortar or something else just exploded at the same time on the location.

There has been some amazing claims in CMX2 as to what the game can do that were just normal functions seen in unusual situations that make it look like something else has happened.

I was wondering about this. From this site.

It should be noted that flame thrower operators did not usually face a fiery death from the slightest spark or even from having their tank hit by a normal bullet as often depicted in modern war films. The Gas Container is filled with a non-flammable gas that is under high pressure. If this tank were ruptured, it might knock the operator forward as it was expended in the same way a pressurized aerosol can bursts outward when punctured. The fuel mixture in the Fuel Containers is difficult to light which is why magnesium filled igniters are required when the weapon is fired. Fire a bullet into a metal can filled with diesel or napalm and it will merely leak out the hole unless the round was an incendiary type that could possibly ignite the mixture inside. This also applies to the flame thrower Fuel Container.

Think what's in the tank on the flamethrower guy's back. Then think what's directly under the driver's seat in a jeep! Its the same stuff! If you're imagining a 'Hollywood' explosion and fiery death for flamethrower guy then by all rights Jeep and kubel guy should suffer the same grisly fate. :D