Dead(Wounded)BODY who ride on the tank.

t34577685

sorry for my ENGLISH

In CMBN & CMFI,when a soldier who get in a truck or M3(etc) was hit by weapon,his Dead(Wounded)body disapear with a red cross.

But in the NEW CMRT video,I saw a tankrider fall down from T3485 with a Dead(Wounded)body left on the ground.Amazing!

Does it means that soldiers who get in a truck or ride on the tank will left Dead(Wounded)body on the ground in CM3.0 Engine?

If it is true ,such a wonderful thing !

sorry for my ENGLISH

In CMBN & CMFI,when a soldier who get in a truck or M3(etc) was hit by weapon,his Dead(Wounded)body disapear with a red cross.

But in the NEW CMRT video,I saw a tankrider fall down from T3485 with a Dead(Wounded)body left on the ground.Amazing!

Does it means that soldiers who get in a truck or ride on the tank will left Dead(Wounded)body on the ground in CM3.0 Engine?

If it is true ,such a wonderful thing !

I saw this in the Twitchtv video ChrisND put up when he played the "Tankovyi Desant" scenario. He had some tank riders ride straight up the middle on a T34/85 to see what would happen. It was surprising to see a body fall off and lay end up on the ground when they started to take casualties.

But I dont see why this would happen in a truck...unless they get hit by a very large HE shell and bodies go flying everywhere. :)

Even better if the dead (or incapacitated) body would stay in the truck, jeep or whatever. IMHO.

But this is more diffcult. What if the passanger is dead and the truck or jeep is just fine? Will the seat be taken by the dead? How can you dismount the body if you want someone else take a seat on the place of the unlucky.

Mabye it could disappear in this case, or the body will trown out of the truck. Both will be more work to the developers, than only a body which drops on the ground when the unit is killed or haevy wounded.

This is a limitation in the game engine that we did not foresee in early coding. Wounded inside a vehicle is problematic for us because of animations and also some limits on what the units can do when inside a vehicle. Buddy Aid was actually a very late feature added to the game, so we never thought of Buddy Aid when making the basic game components.

Until a week ago soldiers riding on tanks behaved exactly like soldiers in an enclosed APC or truck. Because the soldiers are external it now is realistic to have them drop to the ground, even if it's an over simplification of reality (in real life many would stay on the vehicle). It is possible to do this for APCs or trucks as well, but nobody would find that very believable.

Steve

Wait a sec, Steve. Are you telling us that the game is evolving, that as the engine is refined, you are adding more features and fixing things that you wanted to do but were unable to correct or change before? That you are listening to your clientele and discussing the problems and solutions with them?

But that's not what Superwoz says, and I can just tell by his recent post that he is an extremely astute and edumacated person.

One of you two is obviously a charleton and a liar! I wish I could figure out which one. Damn.

But this is more diffcult. What if the passanger is dead and the truck or jeep is just fine? Will the seat be taken by the dead? How can you dismount the body if you want someone else take a seat on the place of the unlucky.

Mabye it could disappear in this case, or the body will trown out of the truck. Both will be more work to the developers, than only a body which drops on the ground when the unit is killed or haevy wounded.

Good points. Its far down on my "list". As is now works well.

Wait a sec, Steve. Are you telling us that the game is evolving, that as the engine is refined, you are adding more features and fixing things that you wanted to do but were unable to correct or change before? That you are listening to your clientele and discussing the problems and solutions with them?

But that's not what Superwoz says, and I can just tell by his recent post that he is an extremely astute and edumacated person.

One of you two is obviously a charleton and a liar! I wish I could figure out which one. Damn.

It's obviously Steve. Someone with a handle like Superwoz couldn't possibly be wrong.