New Spam thread

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Battleground.

I despised Spam when I was a kid and still do. My mother went in the hospital when I was 6 for what seemed like a year and ALL my father could cook was beans, Spam, and fried baloney. I used to pass my beans off to my brother when ever I could get away with it. Beans, Spam and fried baloney haven't gone in my gut since 1975.

Mord.

Spam was typical payment for certain services, shall we say female civilian provided services, in the Italian theater of war. Cigarettes also of course.

In the winter of 1943-44 tens of thousands of urban Italians were on the brink of starvation. It hadn't occurred to the Allied high command that it would be necessary to provide still scarce merchant transport to move food to the Italian civilians. As a result, said civilians would do just about anything to get a little food. Or cigarettes of course. Rick Atkinson devotes quite a bit of space to the problem and its ramifications in Day of Battle.

Michael

• 1 year later...

Looks like Battleground.

I despised Spam when I was a kid and still do. My mother went in the hospital when I was 6 for what seemed like a year and ALL my father could cook was beans, Spam, and fried baloney. I used to pass my beans off to my brother when ever I could get away with it. Beans, Spam and fried baloney haven't gone in my gut since 1975.

Mord.

Spam and fried baloney? You lucky bastard! I would have given my right arm for Spam and fried baloney. I had to settle for breast milk instead.

I suppose if it was good enough for my father, it was good enough for me.

Edited by BLSTK

I actually will buy some of this if they have it...after I use a trench knife to scrape away that cosmoline-like substance.

download_zps7755e5d1.jpg

I knew I could count on you to man-up, klk!  But that "cosmoline-like substance"  is really God's tears, shed for all the wussy-men who can't abide by Spam.  It has great lubricating qualities, although best not to discuss in polite society. 

I eat scrapple, so much for elitist  Spam is just wrong.Coming from a scrapple eater that kind of says it all.

scrapple esse gudt!

real men eat scrapple, you'll find a lot more gnarly bits of a hog in scrapple than you will spam. hell we even have vegetarian scrapple we call mush.

Man and I thought we'd actually become friends in a way, then you invite me over to serve spam.  Bummer dude.

Dystopian view there, Mr. Burke.  He is actually paying you one of the highest compliments one man can give to another..."You're such a good friend, I simply must invite you over for a delicious Spam dinner.  Your choice of flavors!"

Probably the most beautiful two sentences in the English language.

@klk:  Those coordinates will greatly assist the NSA/Homeland Security in sending drones after you.  Best serve the Spam in your basement.