Will there be any German infantry with PPSh-41's?

Fenris

And the PPSh is the best submachine gun of the entire war. Incredible firepower.

Despite that you don't hit anything that is not within 100 m.

From where do you have this believe?

Assault rifles were the next step in the development.

There's a reason why the assault rifle concept of the StG44 has become the infantry weapon until today.

It combines high close range firepower with the ability to engage targets over 100 m.

There's a reason why the assault rifle concept of the StG44 has become the infantry weapon until today.

It combines high close range firepower with the ability to engage targets over 100 m.

Accuracy matters little when you have a whole company of men blazing away 1000 rounds a minute. While their adversaries mostly have bolt action rifles and a paltry amount of automatics. There is no question on the post war impact of the MP/StG 44 but its actual impact on WW2 is nil.

Most submachine guns weren't worth much over 100m. Sure, the StG44 was a fine weapon, more refined, greater range etc, but only available in the last year of the war. On short distance the Ppsh can be devastating, I've tried that weapon once and it is a killer. Apart from that indestructable and easy to make. You are partly right, of course, but for me it is all about allround performance and availability.

Accuracy matters little when you have a whole company of men blazing away 1000 rounds a minute.

If I have only bolt action rifles, that is true.

But if I have fully automatic accurate ARs, things change dramatically, because it becomes spraying VS shooting with the potential to spray, too. :D

And if you spray bullets around without accuracy, you are also faster low on ammo.

There is no question on the post war impact of the MP/StG 44 but its actual impact on WW2 is nil.

But this is CM. And on the tactical side the StG44 had a HUGE impact.

Or why do you believe this has became THE infantry weapon until today, if the AR has no tactical impact? Why isn't everyone using machine pistols today?

I've tried that weapon once and it is a killer.

And a AR is less a killer?

And what have you hit with it?

Apart from that indestructable and easy to make. You are partly right, of course, but for me it is all about allround performance and availability.

Sorry, but the all around performance of machine pistols VS assault rifles is much worse.

And next you will tell me, if you have to take place in a battle, that you would choose a machine pistol over an assault rifle? :D;)

That little 7.62 pistol round actually packed quite a wallop. I believe it was twice the muzzle velocity of an American .45 cal slug. Effective range was said to be out to 200m, while the Thompson SMG wasn't half that. It was designed as a 'trench sweeper', you can't deny it was good at its job.

If I have only bolt action rifles, that is true.

But if I have fully automatic accurate ARs, things change dramatically, because it becomes spraying VS shooting with the potential to spray, too. :D

And if you spray bullets around without accuracy, you are also faster low on ammo.

But this is CM. And on the tactical side the StG44 had a HUGE impact.

Or why do you believe this has became THE infantry weapon until today, if the AR has no tactical impact? Why isn't everyone using machine pistols today?

I'm not questioning the usefulness or combat effectiveness of a AR. The AR is a awesome weapons platform today and the concept has come into its own with the military's of the world.

But unless it is the STANDARD weapon for a army and is used in QUANTITY. Those 2 things the MP/StG 44 didn't really get to meet in WW2 so its effect over the tactical or strategic situation was small. I know the Germans did manage to have some units fully equipped with it but i doubt they had very little effect overall when used.

It just didn't change the outcome of the war or effect it in any way. I'm sure Germans got to kill or wound plenty of allied soldiers with it in combat but it was too little to late and thats one of the main reasons the Pah Pah Sha trumps it in the context of WW2 in my opinion.