Fire (the flames kind): what's it good for?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CMSF will be eventually reborn using whatever the current game engine is, then be able to keep up with the pack. However, I shudder at the thought of how much work this is going to be. The amount of changes we've made over the years is... uhm... larger than a few :D

The INTENTION is to make it so all the existing CMSF content, from all sources and all Modules, will work with the updated game system. Whether we can make that happen or not is unknown at this point. However, I can promise you that we will not give up easily on this goal. It's huge for all of us, so worth putting the time into figuring out how to make it happen should it prove tough going.

What is totally unknown is how much the last 4 years of game changes will impact existing scenario gameplay balance. It might be that we have to rebalance all the "disk" content and leave it to you guys to update user made stuff. We're hoping that rebalancing isn't needed because that would cause a big delay in getting product out to you guys.

I can not promise you guys anything in terms of timeframe, only that it is on our radar after Black Sea is out the door.

Steve

Good news about the CMSF future intentions. I would buy it for full price no questions asked.

On another note.. with flames making its way into 3.0. When we see 3.0 being brought back to CMFI and CMBN.. I wounder a few things that I hope Steve can answer. I dont want to take things in advance as Im also extremely excited for CMRT but still very interested in hearing what BF is thinking about this.

1. A in the ballpark estimate for when 3.0 will be released for CMBN and CMFI? Do you think it will happen in 2014 - Q4 or even Q3?

2. With no flame units avvailable in CMBN and CMFI at the moment will they be introduced in a 3.0 upgrade (at a higher price than what 2.0 was for CMBN) or will the 3.0 upgrade be separate and flame units brought in with a pack or additional module?

Very excited for whats to come! So much goodness, so little time to play..

The INTENTION is to make it so all the existing CMSF content, from all sources and all Modules, will work with the updated game system.

I would imagine that the updated models would make this impossible as far as skins go. If you take infantry as an example there's a significant change from CMSF to CMBN. But really I personally wouldn't care if mods had to be redone and that's coming from a guy that has a good amount of CMSF mods. The updated textures will probably make a good portion of mods obsolete anyhow.

What is totally unknown is how much the last 4 years of game changes will impact existing scenario gameplay balance. It might be that we have to rebalance all the "disk" content and leave it to you guys to update user made stuff. We're hoping that rebalancing isn't needed because that would cause a big delay in getting product out to you guys.

If it comes down to the community having to redesign user made scenarios I think that's a price worth paying. The new trigger feature alone is gonna make a HUGE difference in how battles play out, let alone all the new map features that have been added in the last 7 years.

I can not promise you guys anything in terms of timeframe, only that it is on our radar after Black Sea is out the door.

Steve

It's definitely worth waiting for.

It would be cool if you guys expanded the in-game time frame from May-July 2008 to maybe May 08 to 2010 or something? If Iraq and Afghanistan has shown us anything it's that asymmetrical wars don't end quickly.

Any chance that some of the equipment will be expanded on? More vehicles? ATGs for Syrians, onboard mortars, that sorta thing?

Now, you just gotta talk Snowball into updating A-Stan and we'll have them all! Yeah, I know, that ain't gonna happen. LOL.

Mord.

"The people you are talking to on this thread know more about the matter than any men living."

This worries me a bit. Does that mean that the "people" being talked to on this thread are actually dead or zombies?

It would explain a lot. :)

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh