h2HH New Problem

Hi,

H2HH was working for almost a month. I tried ending a game and then adding a game and it didn't work. Lotsa script errors...

So, i uninstalled it.

Re-installed version 2.10.7

(also deleted the roaming APP text file referred to in other places)

Now when i click the EXE file it doesn't load up

I have tried running as administrator no luck either. Any ideas (running vista) as i said h2hh was running before.

You would probably get an expedited response if you post in the tech support section.

h2hh is not a BF product (not sure if you were suggesting that or if you think GAJ might note a thread there first). You'd have to get hold of GAJ directly. He's very good at helping folks out once you get his attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday my H2H-Helper corrupted and crashed and dragged along with it some other applications. I decided to uninstall but there was no inherent uninstall icon and Win7 did not recognize it as ever having been installed in the first place.

So I uninstalled manually (as best I could) including file searches and registry edits (probably imperfect). CCleaner also did not locate H2H-Helper's bits and pieces.

I eventually stumbled across over 1800 files occupying more than 41 GB of my HD. They were all chat......h2hh files. It seems that H2HH continually and invisibly writes chat files in the background even though we are not chatting with each other, until you run out of space. It does not clean them up or delete them. This is viral-like behaviour (probably not intentional but nevertheless...) and lack of Win7 installation recognition is poor programming. As is its inability to clean up after itself when uninstalling. Too bad because it is a very convenient utility and I liked using it.

I have decided to stop using it and have asked my opponents also not to use it because their H2HH continually sent chat files into my drop box.

So be careful!