Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

No thread about the v1.11 patch release?

c3k

Hey, I've been watching England lose to New Zealand for the last couple of hours...!

Thanks for the heads up though :)

Edit: having had a squit at the patch notes, I do have a question. It's clear that the patch is for non-GL installs as well as those with the module; does patching up mean that non-GL installs patched to 1.11 will be able to play with GL installs patched to the same level (subject of course to not being able to use some TOE and time frame stuff that's in GL and not in FI sans GL)? It seems reasonable to assume that any 1.11 will be able to play with another 1.11; I'm just checking really.

You should notice a very pleasant framerate jump with this new patch. Not so much that the frame rate now goes up-up-up so much as the frame rate now does not go down-down-down. My computer never much liked big wooded maps. I'm a much happier man now playing on a big map. :)

Absolutely ;)

I also noticed there are several new scenarios. It´s clearly a mega patch.

Excellent work! :)

Wow - frame rate really went up. I'm the other guy in the attack on Ribeira DAR and this battle was roughly the limit my machine could handle. Lots of stuttering especially when I had lots of icons in view.

Now everything is smooth and I can zip over the battlefield with ease. I was on 'balanced' setting and now the game is faster with 'best' than before.

Thanks a lot - why did it take you so long?

;)

does patching up mean that non-GL installs patched to 1.11 will be able to play with GL installs patched to the same level (subject of course to not being able to use some TOE and time frame stuff that's in GL and not in FI sans GL)?

Absolutely. All you need to play with some one is the same version number and forces from a common TOE.