Does anybody else click start and go have a shower?

Yes real time.

Yes WEGO does go a tad slow for me.

I actually enjoy the fact that this game is slow enough in parts for me to do this. Other games I play are far too quick and would severely penalise me for even a second of inattentiveness.

Keep in mind RT has no fast forward feature like WEGO. So RT may in fact be slower if not accounting for the WEGO players time taken adjusting the frozen pixel truppen.

I am finding my machine is showing its age. RT I am finding to have too many Lag problems, Only noticed this with MG after installed, so I am forced to play only WEGO for the moment, no problems there. It functions well, even on the big maps.

But 5 years on my machine, so I am not complaining. Getting excited to get a new one. It sure would be nice to know how to spec my machine to run BF the best possible way for the future. Any input out there.

I am finding my machine is showing its age. RT I am finding to have too many Lag problems, Only noticed this with MG after installed, so I am forced to play only WEGO for the moment, no problems there. It functions well, even on the big maps.

But 5 years on my machine, so I am not complaining. Getting excited to get a new one. It sure would be nice to know how to spec my machine to run BF the best possible way for the future. Any input out there.

You bring up a very relevant topic. There are probably dozens of people on this forum every month who are trying to decide what computer to upgrade to next. I wish there was a sticky thread in tech support or somewhere that was updated on a regular basis with the best / most compatible computer set up to run CM on. It could contain info for the PC and one for Mac. I know the BFC web site has minimum requirements. What would be even more useful would be detailed and updated information like the top two recommended graphic cards or sound cards etc. I bought a new laptop this summer and if I had it to do over again I would probably get something different. It runs CM okay but I could have done better. I would first consider getting a desktop PC where graphic cards and other hardware can be changed out. Maybe next time…

I hope you get some useful recommendations. Might want to consider posting this in a new thread as the topic of this thread would probably not lead people interested in your topic to your question. I just happened to stumble across it.

I would first consider getting a desktop PC where graphic cards and other hardware can be changed out.

That is a very worthwhile consideration. The Mac Pro scheduled to be released in December looks very tasty...boy, does it look very tasty! Unfortunately, unless somebody dies soon and leaves me a bunch of money, it may be out of my reach.

Michael