Is possible to make snow in Normandy?

I'm working on a mission about Operation Biting (Bruneval) and there was light snow when it happened in real. I thought it's impossible in Normandy, so I just forget it. But I saw in the editor, there is an option 'snow' for ground condition, but disabled. It's mean, I can enabled it somehow, or it's only available in Fortress Italy (what I have not) and infiltrate to Normandy with patch 2.0?

hello bardosy,

I am a Hungarian-American. hogy vagy? My family has changed their name after arriving to the US in the early 1900's. It was Pal but now it is Pall. My grandmother was from Sopron and my Grandfather was from an area that is now part of Ukraine. Thanks to Stalin I guess. I went to Budapest on my honeymoon in November 1989 just as "the wall" was falling. My wife is also Hungarian-American. Her family name was Szinai. I remember by the castle we saw 2 Soviet soldiers in greatcoats and big fur hats with AK-47's. I said, go over there and I will take your picture with them. But she was too afraid. It would have made a great photograph!

Anyway, we will probably do a CMBN MG Bulge 44 mod in the latter part of this year.

It will provide some mods to terrain elements so you see snow when you play the game.

Maybe you can wait until then and download the mod and then enjoy the scenario you want to make.

But if you cannot wait, then PM to "mjkerner" and maybe he can help you sooner.

I thought someone was working on a nice CMBN winter mod pack awhile ago, before CMFI Gustav Line and its snow. Maybe the end product became unuploadable because of its huge size, but I do recall some very encouraging 'in progress' screenshots. You have to literally redo the entire terrain landscape to get it right, right down to individual blades of grass.

I thought someone was working on a nice CMBN winter mod pack awhile ago, before CMFI Gustav Line and its snow. Maybe the end product became unuploadable because of its huge size, but I do recall some very encouraging 'in progress' screenshots. You have to literally redo the entire terrain landscape to get it right, right down to individual blades of grass.

That was me, Mikey D. I was working off a mod posted in CMMODS by...I forget ATM, but know I haven't seen him on the forums for a couple of years. Anyhow, I added a lot of flavor objects, a lot more terrain, and did new uniforms but put it aside when GL came out. I dusted it off the other day, and as that crazy Hungarian, kohlenklau says, it'll be here in a while. I need to finish getting my fix of all the MG goodness first!

Meavon Yukypoo! 2nd generation Hungarian after my Mum left at 17 in '58 as a refugee to land in UK.

Haven't poked around in the mod dept properly since CM1 but listen to MikeyD for insights but Bulge snow is in the pipeline in a new game. For the date Feb in Europe on the coast it will be more cosmetic z folder mod in what is currently available for CMBN - though precise 1942 commando force will be interesting to match. Though there was IIRC a depiction in a CMBO scenario of the raid.