New Modern Game "Bone Basin"

Buzz

"Last year we had three including the Normandy Upgrade (which was a huge effort for us). This year looks like it will wind up being two releases. Next year looks to be a very busy release schedule. For sure 4 releases (very safe to say), probably 6, maybe 8. Part of that has to do with our new Pack strategy, part of it has to do with the fact that two Base Games are already extremely far along in development..... Bagration and a new Modern game. But more about that after we get this whole Market Garden thing out the door. And did I mention that would be soon? I think I did, however it doesn't hurt to emphasize "soon" again."

Steve over at the Market Garden Release Party 10/11/12

Congratulations BF on MG. Will purchase when out of satellite country.

Please deposit New Modern Game osseous clues / facts here :)

Clue #1 New Modern Game sounds as if it is already extremely far along in development.

Could this mean Santa delivers Modern War?

Oперация Багратион is well earned East Front nourishment and a CM Game I will purchase Bagration for sure. If new modern development team members toss some features here (they may slip while in the limos celebrating MG's release ;) we can submit draft designs for new modern era tattoos and be ready for day one :D

Sure. In 2014 :D The "two releases" Steve mentioned for this year have already happened.

:)Yes but if I smoke, ugh... read the tea leaves correctly Steve also said..."...This year looks like it will wind up being two releases...." So maybe just maybe there is a Santa Stimulus Package to evoke the Holiday spirit & spending and new era modern mayhem still within the realm of possibilities... if I smoke read the tea leaves correctly :D

Will it involve lobsters of extraterrestrial origin? What about the Finns?

I know this is completely off topic but I just had to bring it up anyway. I'm a high school teacher and have been talking about the Space Lobsters of Doom for years. The kids always look at me cross-eyed and have no idea what I'm talking about but they do know about the Lobsters. It's a complete inside joke and completely hilarious to me on what it has become to them.

I've even had kids draw me pictures of the Space Lobsters of Doom. It's so excellent.

Anyway, back to topic...

Seriously looking forward to the modern re-boot as well as the Eastern Front.

:)Yes but if I smoke, ugh... read the tea leaves correctly Steve also said..."...This year looks like it will wind up being two releases...." So maybe just maybe there is a Santa Stimulus Package to evoke the Holiday spirit & spending and new era modern mayhem still within the realm of possibilities... if I smoke read the tea leaves correctly :D

I'm always amazed at how desperately you guys will grasp at any straw whatsoever, no matter how tenuous. Meth addicts have nothing on you.

:rolleyes: (In a friendly sort of way)

Michael

Lobsters of extraterrestrial origin and Finns, though not the same thing they are closely related :)

When the kids draw pictures of the Space Lobsters of Doom do the extraterrestrials have Finns ;)

"Seriously looking forward to the modern re-boot as well as the Eastern Front."

Me too Captain. I think what Steve was hinting is the new modern "Black Sea" is up next. I hope my guess is close.

So we get Old Eastern Front (from Wikipedia)...

"The battles on the Eastern Front constituted the largest military confrontation in history. They were characterized by unprecedented ferocity, wholesale destruction, mass deportations, and immense loss of life variously due to combat, starvation, exposure, disease, and massacres...."

With Modern (more lethal) Eastern Front!

Might need some double espressos to manage this double header:eek:

I pulled my arm the other day... if that helps at all. On a side note i can make a mean latte...

Your in iMolestCats :) I have an older LaPavoni (yes I have two!) about to be rebuilt. Gotta get right for the Black Sea adventures ;)

After CM:BN Market Garden's performance improvements I am abstracting what is in store for the New Modern games from BF. I suspect it will surprise folks who say they have no interest in modern. Black Sea/CMSF-2 should convert some WWII only guys to state-of-the-art conflict.

After CM:BN Market Garden's performance improvements I am abstracting what is in store for the New Modern games from BF. I suspect it will surprise folks who say they have no interest in modern. Black Sea/CMSF-2 should convert some WWII only guys to state-of-the-art conflict.

I had no interest (not in anything Modern and the setting\War was even more off putting) ..and yet I bought CMSF after seeing a youtube vid that won a competition and decided to give it ago..was hooked..esp with the Brit module. The modern toys are awesome!! All those WW2 gamers who think they aren't or wont be into a CM modern game..will be in for a huge surprise if they buy it.

"The modern toys are awesome!! All those WW2 gamers who think they aren't or wont be into a CM modern game..will be in for a huge surprise if they buy it."

Spot on Wodin. I purchased CMSF & Marines 2008. Enjoy it on a MBP in boot camp. When BF offer the CMSF Mac bundle for Christmas last year I snapped it up and still fire it up almost daily. The Brits, NATO completed the Modern Package for CMSF.

I know BF understands how to develop and provide a quality product. I suspect their new modern demo(s) might get WW2 gamers interested. Once they try it many will better appreciate the authority modern weapons systems.

I will enjoy, purchase and play all the BF - WWII products. I just am not inclined to be as detailed as so many knowledgeable WWII Grogs are here in the BF forums.

I think the "something" is part familiar with recent and current military equipment and actions.... part the expansiveness modern weapon systems. Modern can impose it's will from distance and ups close yet is not immune to low tech tenacity.

• 2 weeks later...