Guess what I am downloading?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I have downloaded something (was I the first??), but the activation after installation is acting very wonky. I have a fully installed and patched CMBN/CW, but I'm told "It seems there was a problem with your license."

When I manually input the new expansion's serial number, I get a successful activation message, but nothing happens when I click "Launch." If I then try to start the game from the Start Menu, I'm taken back to "It seems there was a problem with your license."

"It seems there was a problem with your license."

Keeping in mind that I don't know my *** from my elbow on the topic, it might be wanting your v2.0 activation code. It wouldn't hurt to try. Bear in mind Beta testers have wrestled with issues that the end user is never going to see. That suggestion might be a solution to the wrong problem.

Keeping in mind that I don't know my *** from my elbow on the topic, it might be wanting your v2.0 activation code. It wouldn't hurt to try. Bear in mind Beta testers have wrestled with issues that the end user is never going to see. That suggestion might be a solution to the wrong problem.

Believe me, I have tried every activation code from v1.00 on down.

What's weird is that I can use either my 2.0 activation or my MG activation code and it will give me a "success" message. The Launch button still does nothing, however. The activation interface just closes and the game doesn't launch, and trying to start it again just brings me back to the activation problem notice.

:(

I guess that it will be opened for non-preorderers at Monday

I don't have any official knowledge on this, but in the past, the pre-order "headstart" has only been in the 24-36 hour range, so unless there are distribution issues associated with getting it up on more servers for download or something, I would expect the general release sooner than Monday.

Believe me, I have tried every activation code from v1.00 on down.

What's weird is that I can use either my 2.0 activation or my MG activation code and it will give me a "success" message. The Launch button still does nothing, however. The activation interface just closes and the game doesn't launch, and trying to start it again just brings me back to the activation problem notice.

:(

It is intended behavior that you are able to use both the 2.0 key and the MG key. There has been a change in how activations work starting with Market Garden. Now there is a generic activation interface which you bring up with the special "Activation" shortcut, and you can enter any valid key. For the current CMBN 2.0 branch, this means two keys: the 2.0 key or the MG key.

It sounds like the problem may be somewhere else. Please go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and click on Submit Ticket. You will need a special tool to reset your license state for CMBN that we can send you via the helpdesk. That should clear up whatever issue you may have.

I guess that it will be opened for non-preorderers at Monday

Well - that would really piss me off. Seriously battlefront. I am more than happy to preorder a physical copy. Just dont send it to me so I dont have to pay for the game again with the 30 bucks postage to europe.

I still dont get it. I have heard your explanation for it and I still dont get it.

So whats going to happen to all my current h2h games? Will they all have to be on MG?

Remind your opponents to run with two version of the game. One left alone like you have now and continue to play your PBEM with it. Make a copy and upgrade the copy with MG and 2.1 and start new games with that. Then you have no problems with PBEM games.

Since I am not a privileged customer I have time on my hands I just discovered I have five CMBN installs and I am only using 2. Oops, Clean up time and then I will make a copy of my 2.01 install in order to upgrade it when I am allowed to make my purchase.

BFC has an official description here: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107758

Will installing MG bugger up any current PBEM Games using 2.01?

If you miss handle it - yes it could. Copy your current install and upgrade the copy then play out your current PBEM games with the 2.01 game and start new ones with your new 2.1 install.

Just remember after the copy to remove your mods for the upgrade and then figure out what mods work after that.