Recognising minefields / minefield mod ...?

Sorry to spam the forum with dumb questions, but...

All the minefields look the same to me.

Is there a way to recognise the difference between anti-personel, anti-tank and mixed minefields? Or is there a mod that helps to distinguish? (I searched the repository, but couldn't find one).

This is in a QB on Elite level, nothing shows up in the unit info panel when the item is selected.

Depends on who finds the minefield and on the result. :)

AP will only be found by infantry. You don't want to drive vehicles over those anyway because it can immobilize them.

AT will only be found by vehicles and IIRC create a bigger boom than AP.

So you can pretty well determine what kind of minefield you found. But the signs are always the same no matter the type. I guess BFC reasoned that you should find out yourself - like your ptruppen. :)

AP will only be found by infantry. You don't want to drive vehicles over those anyway because it can immobilize them.

Have to correct myself: AP will of course also be found by vehicles - how else could it immobillize them? :)

So if you find a mine with a vehicle and it has no effect/immobilze it's most probably AP or mixed - if the vehicle is dead its AT.

I'm pretty sure before Gustav Line the interface showed if you have AT or AP mines selected.

Normandy, quick battle:

1. I select 5 AT and 5 AP mine fields.

2. durin the setup all mine fields have the same icon. when I select a mine field the user interface shows a description in the top left corner [i.e.Mines (AT)]

Gusta Line, quick battle:

1. I select 5 AT and 5 AP mine fields.

2. durin the setup all mine fields have the same icon. when I select a mine field the user interface shows NO description in the top left corner!!!

Now I have 10 mine field icons, which look all the same. This makes them useless as I don't know, if I'm placing AT or AP mines.

In my example: QB, 1944 may, player british army, airborne infantry, veteran (I think)

Can somebody confirm this? Is this a bug, which was implemented with the new "fog of war" system?

What about the different minefield signs? I see red (active and not cleared?), brown (marked?) and green with a white X through them. I assume cleared but a, not sure and am also not sure how to get to the green sign. I have tried to blast them with my engineers but nothing happens. There does not seem to be a way to get to the green sign it just sort of appeared and I am not sure how it got there.

What about the different minefield signs? I see red (active and not cleared?), brown (marked?) and green with a white X through them. I assume cleared but a, not sure and am also not sure how to get to the green sign. I have tried to blast them with my engineers but nothing happens. There does not seem to be a way to get to the green sign it just sort of appeared and I am not sure how it got there.

Engineers next to detected minefields can plot a "Mark Mines" movement order. After a few minutes undisturbed, they'll turn the marker green.

If there is something else to Blast over the minefield (barbed wire I think is the only legit target), doing so can result in "sympathetic detonation" of the mines, effectively clearing them. This can result in injury to the Blast-ing engineer element.

And no field is ever "cleared" in the timescale and context of a CM battle: the mines are just as the order says: marked. Cautious (i.e. Slow or Normal) moving infantry have a good (but not 100%) chance of being able to follow the marked lanes through the Action Spot; faster movement increases the chance of a mis-step or stumble. Mine fields are assumed to be sufficiently densely sown that a vehicle still cannot thread between the mines, even if they are marked and detonation is still extremely likely.

If you didn't actively mark a field, it's probably gone green because all the mines have been detonated.