Area fire order improvements

This excellent idea was originally posted by someone else, apologies but I don't know who it was, kudos should go to them.

I'd be really nice to have the artillery targeting options when assigning area fire for direct fire weapons.

Being able to issue point, area and line targeting orders to MG's and large calibre weapons when doing area fire would be really really useful.

I can't recall what came of the original posting of this idea so I wanted to raise it again for visibility.

Thanks

-F

For Wego mode, I'd rather have multiple Fire Briefly commands available in a single turn. That way you could pin point several key positions that are separated, which is more often the case than a bunch of units lined up in a continuous line. I doubt this will be implemented though.

For Wego mode, I'd rather have multiple Fire Briefly commands available in a single turn. That way you could pin point several key positions that are separated, which is more often the case than a bunch of units lined up in a continuous line.

Agreed, that would be a very useful feature.

For Wego mode, I'd rather have multiple Fire Briefly commands available in a single turn. That way you could pin point several key positions that are separated, which is more often the case than a bunch of units lined up in a continuous line. I doubt this will be implemented though.

Someone already mentioned a way that that can be done with the available mechanics. It is a bit kludgy and inelegant, but it can be made to work in most instances. And that is to give your unit a series of waypoints (they only need to be in adjacent ASs) and assign each one a different Fire Briefly command with a pause.

Michael

Come to think about it, it'd be a neat feature for real time too - "traverse fire along that ridge line/through that line of houses, etc. while I set up the assault". We could have a paint pen feature to decribe the duration and intensity of the directed fire - multiple heavy scribbles over a particular area = concentrated fire, wafting grazes for harrassment. The art of war...

I would like this also. Stacking multiple commands on single way point could be tricky (reorder, select a specific one) but I would be happy enough with put multiple target briefly commands and they get executed in the order you paced them - no reordering. Clear target clears them all.

And that is to give your unit a series of waypoints (they only need to be in adjacent ASs) and assign each one a different Fire Briefly command with a pause.

And you can replace the target briefly command totally by doing this. Before that command existed I did it often. But I like the new command because it makes things easier.

I still have to do the whole jiggery pokery thing when I need more than one brief target or when putting down a small smoke screen with a tank.

or when putting down a small smoke screen with a tank.

This especially. Because some tanks only carry a few smoke rounds I often only want them to shoot one. Now that I think about it, my request for area fire improvements would be the ability to use target briefly when firing smoke rounds, or alternatively to specify the exact number of rounds fired.