Gustav Line

One of the campaigns; this is exceedingy effective writing in my opinion:

FOILING FUSTIAN - LUFTWAFFE CAMPAIGN

July 13-16, 1943. Primosole Bridge, Sicily.

5 missions long.

Take command of the elite Fallschirmjägers as they stop the British cold at Primosole Bridge. The British have launched Operation Fustian, a daring airborne assault to capture and hold the vital Primosole Bridge in preparation for the advance on the Sicilian city of Catania. Fallschirmjägers have parachuted into Sicily to bolster the precarious defenses and prevent the British from rolling up the coast into Messina. Scrapping together any assets they can find, enterprising commanders have marched their paratroopers south to hold Primosole Bridge for as long as they can...

Your force will consist of an ad-hoc force of Fallschirmjäger staff, pioneers, flak batteries, riflemen, and Italian Arditi to take back Primosole bridge from British paratroopers. Launch vicious counterattacks among the dense vineyards and orchards to drive the British bridgehead back and buy the defense of Sicily vital time. The rumble of tanks can be heard to the south... will your paratroopers be able to withstand the might of the British advance?

The new "war movie shading" toggle (pict 5/54) is the coolest thing you could hope to see! :D People have been debating the merits of 'real world' coloring versus 'war movie' coloring ever since CMSF came out in 2007. So they've provided us with both!

I am still not 100% sure if you are joking or not. Is this alternate colour rendition a real feature or are you poking fun at a manipulated image in the screen shots.

Just curious.

One of the campaigns; this is exceedingy effective writing in my opinion:

FOILING FUSTIAN - LUFTWAFFE CAMPAIGN

July 13-16, 1943. Primosole Bridge, Sicily.

5 missions long.

Take command of the elite Fallschirmjägers as they stop the British cold at Primosole Bridge.

It's pretty good, but the plural of "Fallschirmjäger" is "Fallschirmjäger"; it's a little grating to me for the English plural to be just kind of stuck on.

Ian, real feature.

It is my preferred way to watch the game unfold now. It isn't just the saturation.. everything has a much more realistic look and the lighting really helps see the ground better..

Interesting. I never would have though of doing that. I will keep and open mind and reserve judgment.

Thanks

When I heard 'war movie mode' I thought there was going to be a mechanism for a continuous 'replayable full battle length movie', rather than the one minute WEGO current replay.

Then I could watch the whole darn 1 hr 100GB battle at once - haha

When I heard 'war movie mode' I thought there was going to be a mechanism for a continuous 'replayable full battle length movie', rather than the one minute WEGO current replay.

I thought it was going to be a mode where if you moved the camera real close to the soldiers you could hear them exchanging stories about their life back home, and dying soldiers telling their comrades to "earn this", ect.

I thought it was going to be a mode where if you moved the camera real close to the soldiers you could hear them exchanging stories about their life back home, and dying soldiers telling their comrades to "earn this", ect.

That's the "Big Red One" mode :D I swear they spent more time talking about the war than they actually did fighting it in that movie.

Steve