PBEM v2.01 wanted

Sad but true. I've been guilty of that, and have started quite a few games where my opponents have also disappeared.

2.01 is great, I feel really gratified that I personally asked several times and finally received a response from BFC about randomizing the length of MG bursts. Voila its here! (Others asked as well, not just me!)

Im surprised I havent yet seen a complaint that MGs are too powerful ;)

I love the new small arms, and I noticed my troops use them more realistically - I had a .30 cal M1919 crew setup who spotted a German truck about 600-700m away - they opened fire and the truck backed up. They also laid a lot more fire down than before - it feels just right.

Sad but true. I've been guilty of that, and have started quite a few games where my opponents have also disappeared.

Question: Why do some Pbem opponents drop out of games without explanation? I can understand real life problems such as family,work, finances and health arresting a game but surely not all the pbem dropouts can be caused by these?

Question: Why do some Pbem opponents drop out of games without explanation? I can understand real life problems such as family,work, finances and health arresting a game but surely not all the pbem dropouts can be caused by these?

There is really no excuse for it, other than immaturity. If you are getting beaten so badly that you no longer want to send turns, ask your opponent to agree to a Cease Fire. If he refuses, then Surrender, and send the last turn to him. This is my rule-of-thumb for casual games.

Sorry for the thread derail, and hope the game goes well, JP & Pz.

The only times Ive stopped sending turns has been due to issues that made it pretty much impossible for me to continue. So - my computer dying, losing internet access, etc.

Beyond that, I think some people just get burned out on the game honestly. They usually come back.

The only times Ive stopped sending turns has been due to issues that made it pretty much impossible for me to continue. So - my computer dying, losing internet access, etc.

Beyond that, I think some people just get burned out on the game honestly. They usually come back.

Bull****.

Finish your turns, Cease Fire, or Surrender.

When you start playing a PBEM with an opponent, you enter into a contract to bring the game to some sort of conclusion.

Bull****.

Finish your turns, Cease Fire, or Surrender.

When you start playing a PBEM with an opponent, you enter into a contract to bring the game to some sort of conclusion.

Easy Doug :D There is a simple solution - don't play that person again! That should keep your blood pressure in check. So far I have had the miss fortune of running into five people who either failed to finish or slowed down to the point of I had to remind them to play the last few turns by poking them by email. One rage quit after I KO'ed his tiger (heee heee) and one had computer trouble and one just gave up at the first sign things were not going his way.

Those five people I played only once each and I will never play them again. I have five or six really good regular opponents that I play regularly with. When I play a new person for the first time I try to keep my expectations low otherwise I my blood pressure would go through the roof.

Those regular opponents and I have chalked up countless enjoyable games. It totally dwarfs the annoyance that came from those few.

I do agree with Doug that if you start a PBEM you should finish it - it is the honourable thing to do.

Yeah, even when I'm getting totally thrashed, I will TELL my oppo that I'm going to put in a ceasefire, but I am FINE with pressing on to the very end. Hey, sometimes it feels good to get 100% of the enemy. I leave it to my oppo if he wants to hunt down the last of my men. I'm cool with it. It's a GAME. I'll never quit the board, or quit PLAYING as long as my oppo has an interest. If he doesn't want to go on a hunt for stragglers, or clean up a totally broken defense, that's why I tell him I've put in a ceasefire BEFORE I do it: make sure he doesn't have one that he forgot about.

It's all about courtesy, not ego.

Ken

(Of course, all the above is totally hypothetical. I mean, "thrashed"? Hah! My men will NEVER LOSE! NEVER!!)

;)