10 Part Video AAR Complete - Operation Bluecoat

Hello all,

Following a discussion on this board about presenting CM videos on Youtube, I tried something a little different with my Video AAR's. This time a no edit account of a battle from start to finish. The scenario in question is the bonus mission at the end of the Scottish Corridor Campaign with the Commonwealth Module.

So if there is nothing on TV or your current PBEM turn rate is a little slow please take a look. (Lots of artillery and King Tigers).

The Playlist:

Part 1:

Cheers everyone, I hope you enjoy.

I notice you use long, unbroken "Quick" commands for your British infantry in those initial turns. I'm assuming that they must have started the battle in perfectly "fit" condition because -- even then -- in my experience those continuous rushes across two or more fields would have my troops "tired" or worse by then.

Yeah this mission is separate from the campaign and you start off with full resupplied forces as it's set about a month after the campaign proper finishes. Also just the way I like to play. If I know there is little chance of contact early on I'll use quick and get into position. My pixeltruppen can catch their breaths while spotting for the enemy from a good vantge point. They can multitask like that. ;)

Nice series. What are you planning to play next?

Haven't decided. Probably something that doesn't involve CW forces.

Hey Ithikial - First, thanks for making the time and effort to post these videos. The videos are a little longer when unedited, but it is very interesting to me to see how others think and plan, and use their forces.

I really like the muted terrain mods - who is the author? The 'feel' instantly reminded me of DD's, or was it Magua's?, terrain from CMBO.

I have just started the third part and see you have finally begun to move up some important assets! Looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

Hey Ithikial - First, thanks for making the time and effort to post these videos. The videos are a little longer when unedited, but it is very interesting to me to see how others think and plan, and use their forces.

I really like the muted terrain mods - who is the author? The 'feel' instantly reminded me of DD's, or was it Magua's?, terrain from CMBO.

I have just started the third part and see you have finally begun to move up some important assets! Looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

Pretty much everything from Aris / Fuser's terrain collection. Check out the Mod forum.

Starts to pick up from around 3 onwards. Hope you like artillery. ;)

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping someone would do! Very much appreciated. I can see that it's quite a time commitment to go back and narrate it after the fact. I suppose you could cut the time in half if you could narrate as you manage each turn but I see your point in the difficulty of doing that.

Great series...I'm enjoying slowly working my way through it during lulls in my work day.

I have a general question regarding your use of those churchills. For the first 2 and a half parts you seemed extremely reluctant to use the Churchills in support of the infantry. I was wandering why you held the Churchills back so long? Was it because of the loss of your Stuart early on from the PzIV that made you reluctant?

Keep posting AARs in this manner if you have the time. I'm really enjoying the 10 part video series