CMSF Mac is out! Merry Christmas!

Guest Phil Culliton

Thanks Phil & BFC!

Downloaded and I am in Theatre(s)!

Mord is correct. There is SO MUCH CMSF material already available. Getting all the modules and not having to boot camp is Superb!

I haven't had a chance to fire up CMSF Euroscape v 1.0 but ... everything looks great guys.

John Wayne would be proud!:D

Thanks.

Phil,

Well done to all responsible!

Though a long time in coming, this looks like a phenomenal deal for the Mac faithful. Also, it's now a mature, thoroughly gone through product set, as opposed to what the PC and Bootcamp side of the house went through. Then there's that LLF guy and some town called Ramadi. Nothing to do there!

This product release situation reminds me of a guy I knew at Hughes. He wanted to make sure the Peugeot 504 Diesel had all been sorted out, so after seven (7) years in production, he plonked down his money and bought one!

One of the things I don't understand, Phil, is why, if CM dev is all done on the Mac, we Mac users frequently wind up sucking wind on the release front? Mind, for me, this fabulous offer is presently moot, for I'm still barely able to fly in CMBN!

Regards,

John Kettler

Damn you BFC! I was supposed to spend Christmas with the family!

And don't you dare to produce anything else in the next month. Think of us poor Mac users. First a flurry of BN 2.0 games started to experience all the new features and now a whole new game and setting to work through. Some people try to have a life outside CM!

;)

Funny enough I really thought I wanted WW2 when playing SF...then after CMBN came out I soon started pining for SF even though before this game I was never really interested in modern warfare. Now I can't wait for SF 2. Also the Brit module is a must have..play some US Inf then Marines THEN hit the Brit module..like a whole new game experience and one of my favourite game experiences and surprises... full stop.

CMSF runs on the pre-CMBN CMx2 engine. I have incorporated Mac-specific fixes, where necessary, but it's otherwise identical to what was released on PC in 2007.

This means that a number of features from CMFI (normal mapping, some commands, etc.) are *not* in the engine. But... it's a boatload of fun. Getting it ported and tested was a heaping helping of good times - CMSF and its modules are really fantastic games.

"CMSF and its modules are really fantastic games." I could not agree more.

Makes me wonder what a CMSF 2 is going to play like....jaw-dropping?

I have plenty of time as just loading the many GBs of CMSF scenarios and campaigns will take me a while. Replaying them on a MAC will be more than a treat.

Thanks to ALL the CMSF MAC crew.

Just purchased and downloaded. And once again a thank you to the Mac team. I had tried the demo a while back using Parallels Desktop and the experience was not good enough.

Runs fantastic on my MacBook Pro and no issues at all with installation and licensing. Great job!