Deploy Bug Fixed-Tentative

Here's the sequence:

1 The Heavy MG team jogs to the bocage, no Deploy order.

2- The following turn the team is given an in situ Deploy order. Hit the button. Two soldiers, led by the gunner, begin moving backwards.

3- The rest of the team catches up and they all congregate at a previous waypoint (I think) facing the camera. But they're Deployed!

The Good: Setup delays are now enforced.

The Bad: er....

The aberrant behavior applies to all weapons teams but does not afflict CMFI.

70738694.jpg

17836024.jpg

76292814.jpg

Childress,

Thank you for taking the time to test, picture, and post. That makes it far easier to track. (FWIW, I've just had the same thing happen in a game.)

So far, only with bocage. Any other terrain? Or, is it for any deploy in any terrain?

Thanks,

Ken

Okay, I've been playing with this since my last post. The only way I can get the whole team to stay next to the bocage is to not give a deploy order. Once I do that, the gunner and at least one other team member bug out. Typically, the gunner will move one action spot away while the other guy goes off toward the last action square.

Right now, I have not given the deploy order and everyone except the gunner is next to the hedge. The issue, other than the mg not being deployed, is that even though the team can see the American squad, LOS appears to be tracked from the HMG and I can't give a target order to the HMG team... LOS is "blocked" about one AS from the hedgerow:

MGNotSetUpAdjacentToBocage_zps15dc28ae.jpg

There is obviously room for the gunner to move up in the line next to the bocage, but no matter how many times I ask him to move, he always returns to the place he is in the picture :confused:

Childress,

Thank you for taking the time to test, picture, and post. That makes it far easier to track. (FWIW, I've just had the same thing happen in a game.)

So far, only with bocage. Any other terrain? Or, is it for any deploy in any terrain?

A picture(s) is(are) worth a thousand words! It occurs in every type of terrain. To mortar teams, as well. Just give a Deploy order at the end of your weapon's team move and your good to go. In my experience.

Sjeesj! Watchoo been doing to that poor UI? ;)

Yeah... I know, but I suppose it's a WIP. :rolleyes: But, it's still better than the one that shipped with the game. I think the mod was done by some guy in The Netherlands, and being of Dutch heritage myself, using it is an ancestral thing ;)