Capt. Heinz

simast

... just got an Iron Cross:

http://youtu.be/toGRqbeE27A?hd=1

Seriously tho, I have never counted on pistols being any good in CM, but this happened in a H2H game I am playing: 4 kills with the Walther P38.. It could be luck, but given the range of the last kill.. I wonder do we need rifles at all?

How effective are pistols anyway? Or maybe the German Walther is an exception in this case?

Pistols have been identified as uber. I loved your video and when stuff like that happens I take it with a grain of salt and enjoy it.

Some players make a rule that any surviving crew with pistols go to the back of the map as to not upset gameplay because of uberness.

I would love if BF put in a 1 in a 8000 gangsta graphic with the pistol shooter laying it sideways. LOL what a great easter egg IMO.

On another note...

Could BF please put in the game my newest acquisition the "Mare's Leg" I'm sure my pixel truppen could dominate the field of battle with this bad guy, alien, zombie kiling machine...:P Nut up or shut up BF :P.

...given the range of the last kill...

That is a remarkable distance away. Last time I saw what I thought was a pistol kill at that range, it turned out to be other incoming, but from that angle, it does look like it was the pistol shot. Save that turn! :) BFC might be interested in seeing it.

Edit: and get your opponent to save theirs too...

I would love if BF put in a 1 in a 8000 gangsta graphic with the pistol shooter laying it sideways. LOL what a great easter egg IMO.

I remember playing Close Combat series and there was this moment when one of your soldiers could go "fanatic". This got me thinking if anything like this is implemented in a Combat Mission engine?

It's not. It's the grossly-exaggerated accuracy that's the problem.

I see. I have double checked my turn and the soldier was a "Veteran" with a "Nervous" morale. So maybe it's not the weapon accuracy that is exaggerated but how the Veteran accuracy bonus is applied.

That is a remarkable distance away. Last time I saw what I thought was a pistol kill at that range, it turned out to be other incoming, but from that angle, it does look like it was the pistol shot. Save that turn! :) BFC might be interested in seeing it.

YouTube tends to make the videos lower quality, but if you look close enough you can see the bullet tracers hitting from the pistol on impact. I do have the turn, but it's password protected (H2H). If any of the developers or testers need it - let me know.

simast,

It doesn't look like anyone's shooting at him. He's conducting slow, deliberate aimed fire--with telling results. I have to say, though, that he seems not to understand the difference between the military crest and the topographic crest. What Captain Heinz is doing is utterly unlike a freshly unhorsed tank crewman's whipping out a pistol and killing infantry, on the other side of the hedgerow, from 60 meters out while it blazes away at him in the open.

General Lee Irked,

How I wish John Woo had never come up with the gangster pistol hold! Am only slightly less sick of it than the unceasing chorus of Allahu akbar! on practically every Muslim insurgent video out there. Those guys desperately need new dialogue!

Regards,

John Kettler

I remember playing Close Combat series and there was this moment when one of your soldiers could go "fanatic". This got me thinking if anything like this is implemented in a Combat Mission engine?

I see. I have double checked my turn and the soldier was a "Veteran" with a "Nervous" morale. So maybe it's not the weapon accuracy that is exaggerated but how the Veteran accuracy bonus is applied.

YouTube tends to make the videos lower quality, but if you look close enough you can see the bullet tracers hitting from the pistol on impact. I do have the turn, but it's password protected (H2H). If any of the developers or testers need it - let me know.

...Letting you know.

Save it, please. Watching the video, I could not tell the distance of that last shot. Any chance you could string a TARGET line and post the yardage? ("Meterage" just doesn't have any kind of ring to it.)

FWIW, the two guys crawling seemed to present a single, oversize, target. Kind of a double-sized bull; how could he miss? ;)

Thanks,

Ken

simast,

The screenshot evidently foreshortened the impression of distance. I freely concede 100 meter range for a 9mm pistol is ridiculous, especially one handed. Half that, given the advantageous terrain and protected firing position, I might believe. A Luger artillery model, with buttstock, getting results like that at 100 meters, I'd also believe.

http://www.securityarms.com/photos/1271796459.jpg

100 meter kill, one handed, no buttstock, shooting freestyle? Nein!

Regards,

John Kettler