[WIP] Combat Recorder ver.2.00

Japanzer

Amazing detail, and it looks very easy to use.

But (and I hate to say anything negative about such a great tool)...

It appears to give a final headcount ("OK & Wounded") of every unit -- but does it also show the unit's own KIA? I don't see that -- only the global totals for the entire side. Adding that to the "OK & Wounded" total would then equal the unit's original strength.

It sounds like a nitpick, I know -- but for me personally, its use in campaigns would be much more limited because I'd still have to track units' starting strengths and KIA manually. Is there any way to make the tool count units' KIA, Japanzer? Or is that impossible because the dead men are no longer onmap and in the unit at the end of the battle?

>Broadsword56

Combat Recorder reads the characters in the CM screen only, can't read invisible ones. So, you can't get KIA data.

However, this tool has "AAR skip" and "AAR details skip" option. AARs skip enables to get opponent's data, or to use in the scenario editor.

All force including reinforcement is displayed in the scenario editor. I think it would help you tracking units' starting strengths. But you have to do bothering works that splited units to be combined.

And, it is impossible to get the data of exited units.

>GreenAsJade

It uses image matching. It search character image, for example "A.bmp", on the CMBN screen. If it matches, the tool knows "A".

Basicaly, combat recorder ver.2.00 is much the same to ver.1.98a which is alreade uploaded to Battlefront Repositry.

The reason that the speed is much faster is to introduce the coorination array way.

There are some weak points.

The similar characters, for example "1", "I", "l", may be misread. "StuG III" may be misread as "StuG Ill".

To do correct misreading, now I'm working to get confusing words and to make a sort of word-replacing dictionary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The comment of line22 ("_ // 行結合") may be harmful.

2-byte space charactor works on the Japanese windows, but may not on the other language windows.

Replace the line 22&23 in the CombatRecorder200.uws.

[Wrong]

ans = SLCTBOX(SLCT_CHK, 0, message, _ // 行結合

"AAR skip", "AAR details skip", "Ammo skip", "Special Equipment skip", "Combat Records skip")

[Correct]

ans = SLCTBOX(SLCT_CHK, 0, message, "AAR skip", "AAR details skip", "Ammo skip", "Special Equipment skip", "Combat Records skip")

// And, if you use Windows Vista or later, CombatRecorder200.uws may not work.

The difference between Win XP and Vista or later is graphic drawing system.

My mods use UWSC software.

The UWSC can check image and overlay strings on XP Combat Mission screen, but can't on Vista or later.

So, my mods can not run correctly on Vista or later.

>poesel71

Sikuli sounds good. But, I can not use it for my CM tools.

Japanese documents is few. Besides, my tools rewuires other softwares. I don't know Mac software.

>tdogg

Using Fraps and MS Paint, Combat Recorder ver.3 can run on Windows 7!

I've just uploaded it on BattlefrontRepositry.

Enjoy it!

>poesel71

Sikuli sounds good. But, I can not use it for my CM tools.

Japanese documents is few. Besides, my tools rewuires other softwares. I don't know Mac software.

Can't help you with Japanese either. But it works with Japanese - some of the demos are in Japanese (at least I think so)

And the guys at Sikuli have a VERY excellent & responsive help system. Take a look here:

https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli

Out of curiosity: what other software do you use?

>Out of curiosity: what other software do you use?

On Windows7, this tool uses Fraps as screencapture, MS-paint as image-displayer and DOS-command as file maneger, which UWSC calls.

Even if there is such hybrid program as sikuli, it is one of reasons that I can't make a tool for Mac. These are similar softwares in Mac, but I don't know them.