Arnhem

Since it's already october, and I'm quite impatient about the upcoming Arnhemgame, I'd thought that looking at this site would soothe my nerves a little.

For anyone who wants to prepare himself (or herself, for that matter. BTW: Wouldn't there be just be one little girl playing Combat Mission ??:eek:) by looking at pictures and/or reading diaries etc., look at this site:

O, the main site has UK para-stories of Normandy too. Have fun.

Another great Arnhem site, but from the German perspective, is Defending Arnhem here http://www.defendingarnhem.com/

It contains probably the best compilation of German Orders of Battle for the various battle groups during the battle, as well as the 1:25000 scale map used by the 1st Airborne Division. The resolution is excellent. The map available to the British was pre war before the Arnhem Bridge was built. So they actually had to draw the bridge on it for the op.

I have more detailed street maps and aerial photographs for Arnhem scenario building, but the topographical information on this one was very useful for an Oosterbeek map that I made for CMBO many years ago.

Thanks Michael, your intuition is absolutely right.

Although I was more of a lurker than a contributor. Registered as IPA in 2001, but all was lost in the great purge. It's amazing to see so many of the old ones still here a dozen years on.

All the best.

Since you are a Big Time Software veteran, you should know by now, never-ever tell Michael he is right, it only adds to his sig-line. :D

Since you are a Big Time Software veteran, you should know by now, never-ever tell Michael he is right, it only adds to his sig-line. :D

You are of course quite wrong. It's probably been a year or more since I added anything to my sig line, and believe me I've passed up plenty of opportunities. But I feel that I made my point and anything more would be overkill. So everybody should feel free to sing my well-deserved praises. It isn't flattery when it's true.

:)

Michael

You are of course quite wrong. It's probably been a year or more since I added anything to my sig line, and believe me I've passed up plenty of opportunities. But I feel that I made my point and anything more would be overkill. So everybody should feel free to sing my well-deserved praises. It isn't flattery when it's true.

:)

Michael

You still have some heads to hunt for your list.

Lets see you get that statement from JonS or JasonC, there would be a catch, getting them to claim you were correct on something.

Another great Arnhem site, but from the German perspective, is Defending Arnhem here http://www.defendingarnhem.com/

Great site. Appreciate the link.

Very interesting to read about how much of the German force was really hodgepodge units collected from depots, train stations and the like. 9th and 10th SS usually get top billing, but it seems even those divisions were partly improvised units.

Great site. Appreciate the link.

Very interesting to read about how much of the German force was really hodgepodge units collected from depots, train stations and the like. 9th and 10th SS usually get top billing, but it seems even those divisions were partly improvised units.

pretty cool breakdown on the vehicle losses for the germans also.