C2 effects - Radio looses connectivity when moving

Yes, it is normal behavior. Bear in mind that we're talking about WWII, vacuum tube and crystal radio sets here. They're bulky and not very reliable by modern standards. They also frequently require adjustment to maintain good signal. Hard to use on the move.

This is off of the top of my head and so may not be completely correct, but IIRC, foot units can maintain radio comms while executing a MOVE order, which represents a pretty stately walking pace. But on other movement orders, they will definitely lose radio comms while moving.

An add to the Big Someday Wish List: bunkers and dugouts equipped with (static) field phones.

Has anyone tried placing the "shelter" flavor object (you know, that narrow thing that looks like a little wooden bus stop with a couple of posts and a flat roof) over a slightly sunken action square with 3 sandbag walls in a "U" shape?

I was thinking that might make a plausible ersatz CP or overed field artillery position. Haven't experimented with it yet though.

Has anyone tried placing the "shelter" flavor object (you know, that narrow thing that looks like a little wooden bus stop with a couple of posts and a flat roof) over a slightly sunken action square with 3 sandbag walls in a "U" shape?

I was thinking that might make a plausible ersatz CP or overed field artillery position. Haven't experimented with it yet though.

Unfortunately you can't put anything under the shelter. I tried putting lettuce boxes and milk containers under the shelter one time and it just didn't work. You can move them under it initially, but when you reload the map the stuff under the shelter will all disappear IIRC.

Unfortunately you can't put anything under the shelter. I tried putting lettuce boxes and milk containers under the shelter one time and it just didn't work. You can move them under it initially, but when you reload the map the stuff under the shelter will all disappear IIRC.

Yeah and then you gotta watch for stuff possibly floating. I am working on some urban configurations to depict fighting for places like Caen or Aachen where there is plenty of destroyed buildings etc. Found if you place flavor objects of junk in a rubbled building you can sometimes end up with rubble junk in mid air. It also doesn't not follow the deformity of craters, but insteat floats at ground level.