Covered Arcs

Rake

I posted this question in the Mods forum, but it hasn't been viewed very often over there (94 hits in 4 days)...

I was looking in the .brz files for the covered arc displays, but could not find them anywhere. I'd like to change the transparency of the normal (yellow) CA to make it less obtrusive.

Since I can't find the file in the exploded .brz files, I'm guessing that CA's are hard coded. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Try deselecting the unit instead. I find that's a lot easier and quicker than recreating CAs.

Difficult to move the unit then though... I do sometimes find myself deselecting the unit, "memorising" the terrain I'm trying to position them in and then reseslecting them. I've found the problem more pronounced in FI, perhaps because of the sandy terrain colours.

Having a dense boundary fading towards 100% transparency, or simply the option to toggle just the outline of the Arc in a clear high contrast line would be better.

This was another thought that I'd had when I was trying to find the CA file in the game files... similar to the way BilH's hex-shaped base mod has a dense edge and a more translucent interior.

There ya go. +1.l

Yes, this is an excellent idea!

This! The cover arcs are visually the most appalling things in CM!

Absolutely! And, if you happen to "stack" covered arcs, by giving a new CA at a different waypoint, it becomes nearly opaque. If it can't be modded, this should be fixed. I really like Womble's idea!

... or simply the option to toggle just the outline of the Arc in a clear high contrast line would be better.

You mean ... like in CM1 :D

No offence, I just couldn't resist saying it. I also find myself cancelling and redoing covered arcs if I want to do something where you need to see the terrain - like check LoS for eg.