John Kettler vs. CMBN--The Learning Curve!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLSTK,

Vive the BeaverTails pastry?! Not exactly martial, is it? Nor, absent a time machine, is it WW II contemporaneous--1978. Funny? Twisted? Absolutely!

Regards,

John Kettler

You see right through me, John.

All I know is, had the Axis won we'd all be eating sauerkraut!

Sauerkraut--kimchi without the napalm strike inside!

I actually like kim chi rather well. Not to the extent that I eat it all the time, mind you, but every three or four years I get a hankering and will buy a jar. Then I snack on it every now and then for a week or two. Not bad if you search out the milder brands.

Michael

• 4 months later...
U realize Kim chi is lettuce buried Lett to rot brought back up seasoned and served... blah. Did a tour in Korea and that stuff is straight throw up in my mouth disgusting. Give me kegogi instead.

And of course I'm sure you you realize beer is mostly grains that are boiled, sealed in a barrel, and left to rot, after which the liquid is decanted and served?

Really, a lot of food and drink could be considered pretty disgusting if you closely analyze how it's created. So long as it's not too damaging to your health, best to keep any subjective criticisms to what your nose and tongue tell you, and leave it at that.

And of course I'm sure you you realize beer is mostly grains that are boiled, sealed in a barrel, and left to rot, after which the liquid is decanted and served?

Really, a lot of food and drink could be considered pretty disgusting if you closely analyze how it's created. So long as it's not too damaging to your health, best to keep any subjective criticisms to what your nose and tongue tell you, and leave it at that.

Yeah. Who'd eat cheese, especially blue cheese, if they thought too hard about what it is?

umm worse, alcohol is essentially Yeast who have died in their own excrement. Yummm

umm worse, alcohol is essentially Yeast who have died in their own excrement. Yummm

Well, if you really want to get technical about it, the alcohol is the excrement. Most of what's left of the yeast is usually filtered, precipitated, or otherwise removed from the final beverage. It is true that there's almost always least some yeast residue in beers, tho. Amount varies a lot by type -- very little in the big commercial lagers (Bud/Miller/Coors et al), much more in e.g., heavy unfiltered beers like Belgian ales. Wines span a similar spectrum.

Distilled spirits have basically no yeast residue left; it's lost in the distilling process.