Has model for King Tiger been fixed?

There are a number of alternative King Tiger skins that have been posted in the CMN (Commonwealth Forces) repository. The one that I would recommend is by Aris.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2100

If Battlefront come up with a better version than this in their next patch, I will be very surprised!

SLR

Nice dude, I was simply commenting that a fairly large game purchase is driven by one single unit in the game. Now that I have a much better perspective of your maturity level I'll leave you to decide what to do with the lunch money your mom gave you. Hopefully the bullies won't simply take it and stuff you in a locker.

edit - oh and by the way, BF's balls are way too big to fit in my mouth, I mean damn have you seen those things? Hell with that last announcement they look like a Tanuki! If you have never seen one a Tanuki is a Japanese mythological character with balls so big it can use em for a Barca Lounger!

Despite the weird balls comments and whatnot .... Command Ops vs. Commonwealth is a weird pair to choose from. Command Ops is an entirely different game, different scale, different replayability, etc. I'm not suggesting it's a bad game, I own it, but it's just an odd comparison. Even the price is vastly different.

Tasty balls aside...I am wondering if those German tanks had anything to do with the new way 2.0 is going to show models?

Mord.

P.S. Sburke, you selfish sombeatch...you don't share?

Tasty balls aside...I am wondering if those German tanks had anything to do with the new way 2.0 is going to show models?

Mord.

P.S. Sburke, you selfish sombeatch...you don't share?

Sorry, too busy to talk. Trying to get BF's balls in my mouth. Maybe I should use that for a sig.

If ever a thread deserved this...

Maybe he didn't mean at all the KT 3D model - maybe he asked if they fixed King Tiger's maneuverabilty (turning speed) that currently is FAR superior than any other tank in the game ;). And other things like that which could be tuned down a bit for such overweighted vehicle (top speed, cross-country performance ect)

:)

Maybe he didn't mean at all the KT 3D model - maybe he asked if they fixed King Tiger's maneuverabilty (turning speed) that currently is FAR superior than any other tank in the game ;). And other things like that which could be tuned down a bit for such overweighted vehicle (top speed, cross-country performance ect)

:)

Considering the response level you can expect I wouldn't hold out hope to have a meaningful discussion.

Personally I feel there are more serious issues still being worked on in CM (wire for example is a big pain for PBEM- Broadsword and I are working around it now, but still a pain). But perhaps the KT is just his particular button - whether the model or the mechanics. Still it is an odd item to be the decision maker between 2 vastly different games.

Edit

Actually nope- it is just the graphics, he's been at this before and at about the same level.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1359720#post1359720

If Battlefront come up with a better version than this in their next patch, I will be very surprised!

SLR

You will be surprised then. However you shouldn´t. Steve has already said that this would be addressed in the next patch. It will, you can rest assured.

-

sburke - the wire is a BUG and when they find the source of the bug (probably they found already) - they will fix it.

The problem with the Kingtiger is fixable by applying a more reasonable value for tank turning performance. A current value was probably put then by mistake - just like the wrong Tiger I front armor value, that was there before last patch.

How much time can it take to put there another smaller value ? Then betatesters have to check, if the "new" KT is still working, running, only turning slower - like it should, probably slower than both Tiger I and PzIV - and that's all.

Is it really so time-consuming that you'd like to save this time for other issues ?

If the total time the programmers can spend on the upcoming patch is few hours, then saving half an hour (that fixing the KT turning performance would probably take) is worth considering.... In the other case, I believe, it would be a well-spent half an hour.

sburke - the wire is a BUG and when they find the source of the bug (probably they found already) - they will fix it.

The problem with the Kingtiger is fixable by applying a more reasonable value for tank turning performance. A current value was probably put then by mistake - just like the wrong Tiger I front armor value, that was there before last patch.

How much time can it take to put there another smaller value ? Then betatesters have to check, if the "new" KT is still working, running, only turning slower - like it should, probably slower than both Tiger I and PzIV - and that's all.

Is it really so time-consuming that you'd like to save this time for other issues ?

If the total time the programmers can spend on the upcoming patch is few hours, then saving half an hour (that fixing the KT turning performance would probably take) is worth considering.... In the other case, I believe, it would be a well-spent half an hour.

Sorry I wasn't trying to dismiss the concern just as you said one is a bug and crashes a pbem game so I can't PBEM the KT to even see it's performance. I fully expect the time on the patch is far more than a few hours. What we note as issues and what BF notes as issues are likely not the same thing and ours is a much smaller subset. Still the point is to make a game that truly simulates as realistically as they can WW 2 tactical combat. Vehicle performance being an important part of that. I am not disagreeing with you just noting which items push my buttons versus what might push someone elses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well in fact they did fix that alongside the patch that came with the 2.00 update I believe :confused:

Kingtiger, Marder I, Lynx, Wespe and some others maybe were given much better textures and 3D details on model. Also, maybe some CW tanks were also improved in a way that they now have random 3D stuff on them which wasn't the case when CW came out. I might be mistaken on the last part though.

Well in fact they did fix that alongside the patch that came with the 2.00 update I believe :confused:

Kingtiger, Marder I, Lynx, Wespe and some others maybe were given much better textures and 3D details on model. Also, maybe some CW tanks were also improved in a way that they now have random 3D stuff on them which wasn't the case when CW came out. I might be mistaken on the last part though.

Don't bother.

Ridge is long gone, and from his attitude in the replies, I'd say we are better off without him.

...like it should, probably slower than both Tiger I and PzIV - and that's all.

KT had neutral steering, could turn inside of its own track length. And the vehicles ground pressure numbers were fairly good. It was actually a pretty nimble beast, all things considered. The problem was - like with all tanks - accidentally breaking something in the process of doing 'clever' maneuvers. :) Its been awhile since I tested but on a racetrack Panther just beat out Tiger I and Tiger I just beat out Tiger II - if memory serves. Reading up on Market Garden it appears a company of King Tigers were brought in to perform infantry street clearing in built-up areas. Like using a jack hammer to kill ants.