Any plans on bringing back QB "Combined Arms" Type Limit?

Quick question:

Are there any plans to bring back a type of QB 'Combined Arms' limit similar to CMx1 games?

For those who dont know what that is, it was a QB force composition setting that allowed the payer to purchase infantry, support, vehicles, armor and artillery but set maximum limits to each category. It was a nice balance between 'Infantry Only' and 'Armor Only'.

As it stands in CM:BN right now, your choices are 'Infantry Only', 'Armor Only' and 'Mix'. The issue though is that 'Mix' allows you to spend your points however you like: ie. a force of all MG42's, or a force of all M7 Priests or a force of all jeeps if you like. For PBEM this could be addressed with a pretty extensive, and specific, House Rule. For AI play, theres no such option. And I have found that the AI is very likely to always take mech heavy force compositions when allowed too (ie. the 'Mix' setting).

So, is there any plans to bring back this type of 'Combined Arms' QB force composition control? Obviously it may be a way down the road if it is, but I wanted to see if it was intentionally left out, or if it was too much to code at this point. Would like to see it come back for both PBEM and AI play.

I am happy with the "mix" command. If you haven't figured out how to stop the M7 or jeep assault by now you have bigger problems. What I hate is the limitation on points, tiny, small, medium etc. Suppose I want a slightly larger than small assault which is 1900 points and change but less than a medium assault which is less 3000 points and change? Remember the old scale in CMx1? At least you can still "buy" gear. Have you tried a CMSF QB? It's total BS.

I am happy with the "mix" command. If you haven't figured out how to stop the M7 or jeep assault by now you have bigger problems.

My point is not balance for the sake of winning or losing like some mass-marketed RTS game.

My point is the force composition balance that came with the 'Combined Arms' setting. A supported infantry force - instead of a supported mech heavy force.

In my limited QB experience I've been disappointed with Mix. As stated it always seems to come out armour heavy. Would really improve QB's to re-add this option.

And the reverse seems to be true on offence. I pick a balanced mix of armor, infantry and artillery, and the AI goes with 88's backed up with MG42 nests and mortars with nary an infantryman in sight.

I wish they would take some of the features they've added to CMx2 since Beyond Normandy and patch them into CM:SF

I agree. I still loved my time with CMSF more than any WWII setting. I mean I never thought I would say this, but it surpassed CMBO for me in terms of wow factor. I mean never say never as far as making it backwards compatible. BFC has been surprising us a lot lately.