ipad2 - Is the PC version better?

It's like eating pizza in a log cabin or the eating lasagna at the restaurant in Italy but only if they have beer in your cabin. If you spill the beer on the iPad its OK, because iPAD3's are waterproof. But if was really nice Italian restaurant you wouldn't be haveing beer you'd be drinking wine. And if you spilled the wine, it would be kinda like this:

Just curious as to whether the ipad2 version is a light version or whether because of the current engine limitations core wise and other that the ipad2 has the same game that plays the same?

A direct port of CMx2 would probably set an iPad *37* on fire. Clay and team have done an awesome job of bringing the CM experience to iPad, but no, it's not the same code.

CM not running on multiple cores does *not* equal being able to run on a Tegra 2 and an A5. :) That's not what the multi-core thing means in practical terms. Honestly we wouldn't gain much from very explicit multi-core support, which is why we haven't done it yet.

So the PC version will remain the flagship then. That suites me well.

Means I will probably get the British expansion for CMBN shortly.

Can you give any detail as to what the ipad version is missing exactly?

CM:Ipad is a game that attempts to capture the look and feel of CM:BN for a mobile device and that's about as far as the comparison goes.

It was developed by a third party and I don't believe was ever intended or will ever match CM:BN feature for feature. So just enjoy it for what it is. A $4.99 tactical level ipad game that in some ways feels like CM:BN but is not the same game.

So the PC version will remain the flagship then.

Well, technically they haven't said this. Business being about making money, if they were to make a mint on games like CM:Touch, especially relative to CMX2 products, I suppose all bets would be off. Its not like there is such a thing as a 'loyalty' to a particular product from a business standpoint - if there was we might all be complaining about how slow the Char B1-bis is in CMx1:Blitzkrieg or something. I think what we know is that they'll make games that some people like and that some people don't.

I downloaded CM:T as soon as I could, but haven't found it too engrossing - yet. The $5 price was right, though, and it looks like there are pretty active efforts to support it, so I'm going to keep playing it and see where it takes me.

CM:Ipad is a game that attempts to capture the look and feel of CM:BN for a mobile device and that's about as far as the comparison goes.

It was developed by a third party and I don't believe was ever intended or will ever match CM:BN feature for feature. So just enjoy it for what it is. A $4.99 tactical level ipad game that in some ways feels like CM:BN but is not the same game.

I do not own an iPAd and probably never will. But when windows8 tablets come out I may consider that form factor for light entertainment away from the PC but the same games as the PC and capable of mods etc.