I'm a n00b to all this so bare with me

How do I save? I am in the 2nd campaign and just beat the first battle.(so many tanks omg!)anyways so I am now on the 2nd battle on the 2nd campaign and I need to save :(

Also, the M10 has a "TUNG" round. What is that? :confused:

[ May 05, 2004, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Pvt Ryan ]

To save, there ought to be a "save" button on the interface bar. Failing that, the standard save shortcut should work (Ctrl-S or Alt-S: I don't recall which)

'T', or 'Tung' is short for tungsten, and denotes a special AP shot with a light outer case and a hard and dense core (made, surprisingly, from tungsten) These have better penetration characteristics against vertical armour at closer ranges, but the effect drops off quicker at long range or against highly sloped armour.

95% Armor Quality means that the plate or construction methods used for that era of that machine were in some way substandard (supply shortage, poor factory conditions that could include anything from poor QC leading to actually thinner plate to loose bolts installed by poorly trained workmen) such that the armor only confers 95% the benefit of full quality steel of that thickness.

Is there a seek hull down command in CMBO? I don't think there is, but CMBB and CMAK have one.

Otherwise you have to do it manually. Go to level one by hitting, not surprisingly, the number one. Then you have to manually zoom around the map attempting to find a spot that might, conceivably, be hull-down to some other spot on the map.

You can check to see if you have achieved hull-down status by using the LOS tool 'L' and zooming around the map.

In CMBB and CMAK you just use the 'D' key and plot a move just like any other move.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question....if you want to surrender, due to losing, how do you go about it? The manual list a key to do it (ctr-s or something, i forget) but when I do it nothing happens? Is there suppose to be an on screen response, 1st informing me that a surrender option has been activated and 2nd if the enemy has denied or accepted said proposal?

thanks

Originally posted by Spindry69:

These keys won't work if Caps Lock is activated.

Ah-ha! So that is what's happening.

I got it working now, no problem.

What is the benefits of surrendering or just playing until you lose? Pts for tournament play or is there actually a tactical advantage to surrendering vs getting whooped?

The advantage of surrendering is that the game ends sooner.

It will usually result in more points, since all remaining forces are captured, and captured troops are worth double points. Also, all victory locations become owned by the prevailing side.

Hmmm. That brings up an interesting idea. In order to actually encourage surrenders, perhaps only troops captured during combat should be worth double points. Surrendered troops should maybe be worth only 50 to 80% of their value. That would give at least some victory point benefit to surrendering and maybe even encourage players to surrender more often.

In any event, to minimize point losses, it is usually best to have your troops run off the map (i.e., flee) before the surrender.

Yes, surrending and cease fires should have more of a tactictal value than all or nothing. I guess it's not important in single qb but should have some strategic advantages in campainges or linked scenerios.

If your surrounded or about to get steamrolled a surrender option should allow for some pt. retention vs bonus pts for the opponent. Therefore knowing when to surrender and when not to is more tactical than just quickly ending a game.

I appologize for taking this thread so far off track. I'm just knew to CM and have so many "?"s

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Most of the answers to your questions can be found in the manual.

Hi All,

My brother copied me CMBO for any boring hours i may have in work, and i have to say im hooked. Because i have a copy of the game i dont have the manuel, would anybody know where to download it?

Though, looking through reviews and previews of CMBB i dont think it shall be long before i purchase it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

White Light,

brisey.

Thanks.

Just read through the FAQ's and firstly i would like to apologise for my use of priracy.

Though without it i would never have found CMBO, but let my assure all that i shall be purchasing the game.

Also, would like to congratulate you all on what seems like a brilliant online community.

White Light,

Brisey.