Skeleton .mds-files in the base game..?

Shorker

Dear modders,

in CMBN the German assault engineers/pioneers aren't wearing any equipment not even their standard gear.

I would like to change that.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103154

In the "Commonwealth Forces" Module it's easy by just changing the skeleton files of the assault gun crews to

"ankle-boots-soldier".

But I can't find the skeleton files in the base game for the Wehrmacht units.

Does anybody know how to make these files visible or the correct file's

name of the Wehrmacht tank crew grey (or gray) ? :confused:

Shorker, they're named german crew grey. As far as I can tell, the skeleton/mdr files for the CMBN soldiers are listed by the gear, each type of gear having multiple mdrs, each being placed in different configurations on the model truppen. In CW, they gave the model name, each of which has different gear, just like the base game.

The files for the gear are named *.mdr but the skeletons are named *mds.

In the CWF-Module I could take these mds-files from the skeletons folder:

german-waffenss-m43-soldier-ankle-boots.mds

german-waffenss-m43-soldier-ankle-boots-lod-1.mds

and just rename them to:

german-waffenss-assaultgun-grey.mds

german-waffenss-assaultgun-grey-lod-1.mds

... and so on.

The effect is that the Waffen-SS Pioneers now have gear (gasmask, breadbag etc.).

Now I would like to do the same with the Wehrmacht pioneers but

when I "explode" the files of the CMBN base game, there is no folder

with the skeleton files.

So I wonder what the *mds-files of the normal Wehrmacht tank crew grey might be called?

Up to now I tried these variants:

german-tank-crew-grey.mds

german-tank-crew-gray.mds

german-assaultgun-grey.mds

Nothing worked yet. :(

Ooooooooooooooooo, good find! I missed the "r" vs. "s", so thanks for that pointer.

But I still think (can't test at the moment) that CW and CMBN approach this in opposing manners. The base game mdr's are named according to the gear that is placed on the model in different places and configurations (so if you took all the gear mdr's out, then put them back in one at a time, you could figure out what each one did as far as slapping on knifes and holsters, etc.).

CW seems to take the opposite approach in the naming convention; the mds files are named by uniform, each having a different gear combination.

So with the base game, it's "Here is a gear file, and this numbered version places the knives and holsters like this...".

Whereas with CW mds files, it's "Here's Uniform "A" and it has this configuration...".

Same planet, different worlds.

Can anyone confirm this? I'll definitely check it out tonight.

Thank you MJ and Rokko for your answers and interest in my matter. :)

@Rokko - Uniform Problem: The gun crews are wearing the wrong uniform then - that's right - but they still don't have gear.

So instead of the waffenss-ankle-boots-soldier I just took the luftwaffe-ankle-boots-soldier.

If I now give the .BMP-file of the waffenss-tank-crew to the luftwaffe-ankle-boots-soldier the uniform is correct again but the

waffenss-pioneers have their gear. :)

@MJ: Your theory could be the key - sounds interesting! Can't await your results! Thank you very much for your help. :)

@Rokko - Uniform Problem: The gun crews are wearing the wrong uniform then - that's right - but they still don't have gear.

So instead of the waffenss-ankle-boots-soldier I just took the luftwaffe-ankle-boots-soldier.

If I now give the .BMP-file of the waffenss-tank-crew to the luftwaffe-ankle-boots-soldier the uniform is correct again but the

waffenss-pioneers have their gear. :)

You're welcome, I think. Remember, this stuff drove Mord mad. I hear he's mostly crazy as a loon, but in lucid moments, they let him at a keyboard.:D

You're welcome, I think. Remember, this stuff drove Mord mad. I hear he's mostly crazy as a loon, but in lucid moments, they let him at a keyboard.:D

It's like taking your brain out of your skull, twisting it into a pretzel, then dropping it in a folding press, then putting it back in your head...I read what he did and I still can't fathom it. I've been at these files left, right and side ways and still can't get that MFn' beret thing to work the way it would have in CMSF. The only clue to why is that CMSF had five spots at the bottom of the mds lods you would edit...CMBN only has three...I don't know what the hell that means but it MUST mean something!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!!

Mord.

It's like taking your brain out of your skull, twisting it into a pretzel, then dropping it in a folding press, then putting it back in your head...I read what he did and I still can't fathom it. I've been at these files left, right and side ways and still can't get that MFn' beret thing to work the way it would have in CMSF. The only clue to why is that CMSF had five spots at the bottom of the mds lods you would edit...CMBN only has three...I don't know what the hell that means but it MUST mean something!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!!

Mord.

Sequoia: Observe and learn well, for there lies the path to madness!

Waffleman, let me get back to you when I can think more clearly. It's probably gonna take a lot of typing to explain it all and I can't concentrate that much right now. I'll get back to you this weekend and see if I can state everything clearly.

Thanks.

Mord.