FGM Presents - Operation Overlord

For all that is interested...

The Few Good Men is running a campaign that is the only one like it in the CMx2 Wargaming Community... FGM Operation Overlord...

Overview With a layer above the standard battalion level fighting with CMBN and 'all' its modules (including future and potential Bulge and Eastern Front Games), Operation Overlord is designed to recreate the fighting starting with the invasion of Fortress Europe by the Allies... and run through the end of the war...

A unqiue Unit overlay system utilizing regimental size units on a prototypical hex map is the core to the campaign... With an Overall Commander per side, 2nd in command, and battlefield commanders, along with individual order of battles (reflecting battle damage, retrofit, supply, movement) the HQ Teams of both the Allied and Axis have input into their main objectives...

A sneak peak at the map and some units are below...

fgmoverlord.jpg

Currently we are looking for Battlefield Commanders... check it out at FGM Operation Overlord

Also we are running FGM's unique Domination Campaigns in both CMx1 and CMBN... and a smaller scale campaign involving Syria and Nato (Operation Desert Lance) in CMSF...

Stop by... Join, and Enjoy...

This looks like something fun to participate in. Couple of questions, though. Is the CW module required? Do y'all accept total noobs when it comes to head to head play? Never done any CM multiplayer before.
You do not need the CW module, but that might limit you to what battles you can participate in... Noob's are welcome, and how ya going to get good if you dont play... Also this is a long term campaign, as it will cover all the modules, and hopefully the next releases BFC has mentioned in games (Bulge, Eastern Front)...

Fredrock - what boardgame is that pic of?
Shane will have to answer that as he has been the one working with all the maps and unit chits...etc

You do not need the CW module, but that might limit you to what battles you can participate in... Noob's are welcome, and how ya going to get good if you dont play... Also this is a long term campaign, as it will cover all the modules, and hopefully the next releases BFC has mentioned in games (Bulge, Eastern Front)...

Thanks Fredrock! I went ahead and signed up over at the FGM forums.

Rambler, before Fredrock lets you participate, he told me you have to mod the CW weapons. I did the sten, bren and Lee-Enfield last night...desaturated mostly, because the stocks were too bright, but only you could do them justice.

Er...you are that Rambler, right?

Rambler, before Fredrock lets you participate, he told me you have to mod the CW weapons. I did the sten, bren and Lee-Enfield last night...desaturated mostly, because the stocks were too bright, but only you could do them justice.

Er...you are that Rambler, right?

Yeah I am :). Guess I'll have to get CW then lol.