Still an Issue for me

Really on the fence about getting the "Commonwealth" Module

This game has been out for what? Over 1 Year ?

Yet there ARE performance problems even from people running this game with super rigs, and there has been nothing at all to fix those problems. So now we get a new MODULE that adds the Commonwealth, GREAT!! All the best and hope it sells well :) But there are STILL problems with lets pick a topic, say ummm "Shadows"

Turn shadows off you say? Why? I have a VERY good rig and its part of the game, Don't have problems running other intensive games with shadows on with my hardware :)

There are other issues as well that isn't worth getting into as that isn't my biggest grief. Every time i start to play, and i am having to swap between Shadow On Shadow Off situation, annoying and well i just want to leave the damn thing on.

So I'm HOPING there will be some sort of fix on this, if not well, I'll just go play something else :)

Regards

My problem with the shadows is that while they usually don't drop performance too much for me (depending on the map), they don't work at all on a lot of the vehicles. Shadows casting on both sides of metal plates, zig-zagging lines all over the place, etc. They look nice from certain angles, but are simply broken when you start moving the camera. Could we at least get some options like shadows on static objects only, or everything but vehicles?

I play with no shadows...don't miss them at all.

So what your saying is your not buying as shadows aren't to good?

Dear me...I've got an idea, all those who don't like the game, stop playing it, don't buy any others and go play something else. Thats what I do when I don't like a game.

Riah69, ignore Wodin. He is one of the resident pitbulls, that tries to shout down any criticism of the game. If you have issues with any aspect of the game, please speak up, otherwise those problems don't get fixed.

Here here I see I am not the only one to notice this. I was starting to wonder if we where in a Police state.

Obviously we would prefer that you stick around. :) Like I said, rough edges will get worked on over time. Some things are very hard to fully fix - shadows are an issue for game developers for a reason, especially with a free camera like CM's - but we do take complaints and bug reports seriously and do what we can.

Hi,

Yet there ARE performance problems even from people running this game with super rigs

I haven’t noticed any issues. I have relatively ordinary system, 4 GB RAM and 1 GB Nvidia GTS 240 card.... even with all options turned to Best and using the great new high res. Terrain mods all runs perfectly. Looks stunning too...

We are lucky to have CM.... just look at the competition... ;)

All the best,

Kip.

I think different people might have a different idea about what "good" or expected performance should be. For a game with objectively dated graphics, it shouldn't run at a lower framerate while paused than something like Skyrim or Crysis in motion (both maxed out). However, that tends to be the case on my PC. Not to the point that it is unplayable or anything, but for such basic shadows, with no frills at all, the framerate shouldn't drop as much as it does.

Phil hinted that performance has been improved with the patch, looking forward to trying it out.