Area Fire - Tanks

Hiya Guys

I`m new to this game and have been reading lots of threads, and watching lots of videos whilst running through the tutorial missions. One thing I have read on a number of occassions is people saying they "selected" area fire for their tanks. Is there another option, apart form area fire, and if so what is it, and how do you select it?

Cheers

OK just to clarify, with your tank you can Target or Target Light. Target means the crew will use the main gun. Target Light means they will use only their MGs.

If the tank itself can see an enemy unit then you can use either of the two target commands to target said enemy unit. Or you can use either of the target commands to point at an area on the map (this is what people mean when they say area target).

add to that.. maybe trite, but to fire smoke from a AFV, i'd like to be able to ration my limited available rounds of smoke... have a popup after selecting "Smoke" to say:

A)continuous

B) 1 round

C) 2-3 rounds

D) 4-6

etc -

+1

I would like to have that for area fire with HE rounds and MG fire as well ( MG fire would be for a set amount of time ).

add to that.. maybe trite, but to fire smoke from a AFV, i'd like to be able to ration my limited available rounds of smoke... have a popup after selecting "Smoke" to say:

A)continuous

B) 1 round

C) 2-3 rounds

D) 4-6

etc -

There's a work-around for this now. It's fiddly, but just move your tank a waypoint, put a 15 sec pause there, and a smoke target from that waypoint. Then either a reverse or another slight move forward to another waypoint, with no smoke target. That will limit the number of smoke rounds your tank fires so at least it won't spend an entire turn shooting them off.

A)continuous

B) 1 round

C) 2-3 rounds

D) 4-6

etc -

+1 here as well. Hate burning through a ton of ammo in a wego match. Agree should be for all area fire, not just smoke.

-F

There's a work-around for this now. It's fiddly, but just move your tank a waypoint, put a 15 sec pause there, and a smoke target from that waypoint. Then either a reverse or another slight move forward to another waypoint, with no smoke target. That will limit the number of smoke rounds your tank fires so at least it won't spend an entire turn shooting them off.

You have to give a rotate order at the second waypoint for this to work.