All Right, Who's Peng??

The Peng thread appears to be where these six same guys post up like 6 pages of random nonsense until one of them decides to reincarnate the thread once more with another crap name. No one actually likes the thread except for those six same guys but no one will admit it on the BFC boards for fear of being brutally reamed by the shadowy and unknown "They" who stand guard over the Peng thread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Peng thread appears to be where these six same guys post up like 6 pages of random nonsense until one of them decides to reincarnate the thread once more with another crap name. No one actually likes the thread except for those six same guys but no one will admit it on the BFC boards for fear of being brutally reamed by the shadowy and unknown "They" who stand guard over the Peng thread.

I think we have another candidate for brutal reaming here. Cool.

:cool:

Michael

Really we think it is just the background noise seeping through from the institute for the criminally insane next door.

Actually, it's the background noise of the universe being reborn microsecond upon micro... wait... no... sorry. That was the toilet running and I had to give the handle a jiggle.

We're good.

Actually, it's the background noise of the universe being reborn microsecond upon micro... wait... no... sorry. That was the toilet running and I had to give the handle a jiggle.

We're good.

rotflmao - needed that. Sitting on a loused up server migration in Singapore while the office is being moved at the same time - lots of guys wandering around banging on sh*t, yelling in about 6 different languages. Now they are all looking at me wondering why I suddenly started laughing my ass off.

It's all good.

Not quite. PENG is actually the BFC forum from an alternate universe with its own language, culture, mores. Very few regular forum members post in PENG or vice versa since crossing the barrier can be dangerous, just look at poor Boo Radley...;)

You should stick by the principal of your sig line.

From my previous research in the matter as I also come here every other year and wondered who the mythical Peng was, I guess this is our man?

http://home.comcast.net/~joe.shaw/wsb/html/126944/view.cgi-.html

And the other sods and pool hangarounds? ;)

Other than that the basic scheme seems to be that one of the knights challenge someone for a multiplayer PBEM game and in the first post of the thread dictate the "rules" that always differ in some way. The rules, the champion and the challenge itself is then torn apart for a few pages and when someone picks up the glove they happily insult each other in the thread while the others hang around punching from the sides trying to be witty?

Myself I've always thought they seem to have a good time and guess the day the last Peng Challenge threads dies, Battlefront will have to take down the sign?

EDIT: Loving Internet research - here is a summary of the origins by one of "The Olde Ones":

http://berlichingen.tripod.com/peng/history.html

[Meanwhile, its Silicone Implant Day at the Paddock...]

Careful.

Depending on where you get them, you could end up looking like a camel.

"One night in Biloxy, Mississippi, we watched the clouds roll by.

I said, "My dear, how are you?" and she whispered, "So am I"

Show me a Rose and I'll show you a stag at bay.

Show me a Rose, or leave me alone...

Pretend that you don't know me.... until you show me... A ROSE!!!!!!!!"