Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Any way to help ARIS keep doing his amazing mods?

Erwin

Hi guys, writing from a friend´s computer now. I am getting a new computer tomorrow, so work should start again during this week. At last!! I have the intention ( I always had) to fully mod ALL the vehicles and guns in the game (and the ones in the expansion,...time will tell). I have a list of "to do" mods, and there are not so many vehicles left. Once I finish with them all, if the expansion it´s not out yet, I will update my previous mods refining weathering and adding options and decals or even give a go at the uniforms... Thanks to you all.

I know lots of people have worked v hard on the CM2 system, but Aris' work is probably the most visible.

I would hope BFC can encourage his volunteer work in some way since they get the benefit when we spread the word of mouth re how good CMBN looks.

Providing the game isn't enough? He couldn't mod it if it didn't exist. Not that I don't appreciate his work, I have loaded all of them. I just think it is more incumbent on me to show my appreciation rather than ask BFC to show my appreciation. :-D

Unless we are willing to accept an increase in the game price to accommodate the increase in cost to BFC. I'd be game for either as I certainly agree the guy deserves something for all that work.

I get my new rig today. It´s going to be a lot of work to have it the way I like it. Hundreds of Photoshop files to be copied, new drivers, redownload apps, reinstall games and tons of other stuff. I am a flight sim addict, guitar player, scale model builder, (and play Links 2003 too) and anyone here that shares the same addiction knows how much time it takes to make it work again,...Modding will start during this week, I have a 251/9, a Jagdpanzer and a Stuh in the works. Hope to have them all finished and uploaded next week. I want to have some dirty uniforms in the workshop asap, that is, when all the remaining guns are ready.

I will to have to get used to play and mod with a 23 inch screen, though, it´s going to be an odd experience.

I feel so proud that you are enjoying my mods (as I do), it´s been hundreds of hours working for the game to look the way I want it to be. Your appraises mean a lot to me, but at the end of the day, well,...I do this just for fun, there is a bit of ego in all this; I know, but mainly this is done for fun and if I lose the focus, then I will stop and do any other stuff.So, if you like it, enjoy it, as I feel good for doing this for free. I wouldn´t even bother to do this for profit, wouldn´t work for me. There is something great when you benefit from others work, enjoy and maybe, say thanks, it´s much better this way, at least for me. Thanks again, this is a great community, and you make it better each day.

BTW, sorry for my English, in Spain we are taught and speak spanish,... ;)

Regards,Aris.