Your 'must address' issues for next patch?

I can't help but notice most of the "must address" issues here aren't really very... robust. "Must address" issues for a car would imply something major like a flat tire or dragging muffler. Most suggestions here seem closer to wanting chrome hubcaps or fuzzy dice hung from the rearview. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since you asked!

I think that after 1.11 the game doesn't need any major changes as it runs very nicely as it is. For what it's worth however, here is a list of things I'd love to see in the future:

1. Vehicle based ATGM behaviour needs a good look at for all light ATGM vehicles (BRDM's, Humvees, LAV-AT). Not being able to find hull down and then having the vehicles retreat rather than fire at very long ranges (when the tank can't respond) makes these vehicles a little bit useless.

2. On a similar note it would be very nice to see a 'turret down' feature to allow tank commanders etc to take a peek over a ridge. Right now you can dismount and have a look but this is far from ideal.

3. Especially with the British module coming out, defensive smoke from the engines should be made the 'default' smoke source. When the Tac AI pops smoke, it should be from the engine. The smoke mortars should be player controlled and directional.

4. Syrians should be able to aquire MG ammo from vehicles. I don't know if it is realistic but adding RPO's too would be very cool.

5. Static Syrians should be given a 'spread out' command which allows them to occupy 2 floors of a house or a little longer stretch of trench or treeline. This is canceled when they move off but would add to survivorbility. http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=86345&highlight=spread+out

6. Syrian FO's are cancelling fire missions, I don't know why. More info at http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1138361#post1138361

As you can see, I play with the Syrians a lot :D. I think like some others, the game was made from an American point of view (understandable given that BFC is an American Company) so some aspects of the Syrian force may be overlooked. Still, as said before, none of these features are vital. They would just add to the game and create a richer playing experience for REDFOR lovers like myself!

...and the 'very big map bug'. Could Charles stop the game crashing when the map is very large? It is really screwing up my map making :(. If there was one issue that I would say has to be addressed it is that one because it throws the minimum computer requirements out of the window. Slowdown is OK, crash to desktop is not.

...and the 'very big map bug'. Could Charles stop the game crashing when the map is very large? If there was one issue that I would say has to be addressed it is that one because it throws the minimum computer requirements out of the window. Slowdown is OK, crash to desktop is not.

Second that, with bells on! I haven't designed maps, but the VBMB has prevented me enjoying a couple of the newer campaigns and scenarios that use very big maps. The battle just won't save and/or freezes and crashes. Really annoying, but I'm optimistic for a fix. Not so long ago, for 1.11, some of us (like me) had the Slideshow bug which similarly revolved around some kind of memory leak that only affected certain computers. Took a lot of testing and tweaking to fix, but BF stayed with it till it was done.

1. COLORED TEXT REPORTS FOR HQ UNITS. This player aid would be quicker, and give a better overview of current unit status at a glance. Squads for example would read Green text = ok, Yellow text = unit is in the yellow (shaken, tired ect..) Red text = unit is in the red (panic) White text = Dead, out of contact. I miss the warning label hot key from CmX1 for this, but would be much more graphically pleasing given the CmX2 G.U.I. I think this function would give more use to HQ units in that a live HQ can only get reports.

2. Some more types of unit ICONS such as a cross hair for sniper teams.

3. I would like to see some improvements in the ? in regards to ENEMY ICONS. I think there are a bit more than there should be. IMO units in contact should get more information sharing especially if they have a radio. Lets say 1st squad is engaging a RPG team they identified, wouldn't they in turn give that in a situation report to their platoon HQ. If the HQ cannot see the RPG team it should show as a dull icon as an RPG team if the HQ is selected. Kind of how the basic training sighting shows it, but much more limited to units that are in communication and their equipment. This also gives more importance to HQ units in there function as a game piece in that they get better overviews of the battlefield information. This is the system I think veteran mode should have.

It would be nice to add doorless option to map 3d editor for balconies. Then we can make nice looking hospital/office entries. Second floor would look much more real with only windows, but I can't remove door there...

Screenshot:

balcony.jpg

This is already in the game.

It's been a while since I fiddled with this, but it goes something like this:

1) create the balcony, and select the style you want (ie, in this case the verandah)

2) (this is the bit I forget exactly) SHIFT + CTRL + left click to scroll through the door/windows combons for all floors at the same time. You'll start with all floors having a door (which isn't what you want) but eventutually you'll get the options that give you one, two, three, four, five, or zero windows - with no doors - on all floors.

3) CTRL + left click on the ground floor to get the door arrangement you want

4) CTRL + left click on each floor above the first to get a variety of window arrangements (optional)