Coop Play mentioned for future modules In manual....

Just reading my manual again after some while and I noticed in the MP section they mentioned (BF) that they would adopt future modules with COOP play among other exciting MP features. Any news or updates on this. I would love to play a COOP game with friends rather than smashing them all the time :)

Or even 2vs2 games etc?

RCMP, hi,

Yup… it is on the list last time I heard. I too greatly look forward to it. The real big gain from it will be more realistic Fog of War… Only real way to simulate the true chaos of war is to have more than one player on each side with each player only able to see/spot what his own troops can. Even when it comes to his own side.

It will come… but no idea when or how… I have heard no dates or titles.

All the best,

Kip.

of course, stable and reliable IP/TCP play would be a pre-requisite for this...and so far, this is not the case for most players.

CM1 did this almost perfectly, it was reliable and the autosave function made crashes tolerable.

According to the 1.1 patch, IP/TCP play has been improved, I can't wait to try this out as IP/TCP play against a human player is where the challenge lies for me.

Co-Play is still a ways away. It won't even be in the initial WWII release. It will probably take us somewhere between 4 and 6 months to implement it. It's not just the connections themselves that take time to get working correctly, rather it is all the game and user interface ramifications that will take the most time. For example, we will have to implement a means of players on the same side effectively communicating, and coordinating, their actions. No one single feature is a time killer, it's the sum of everything that is needed to make it work right.

Don't worry, though, this is a high priority for us to implement. We'll probably start on it sometime later next year.

Steve

WeGo TCP/IP is something we hope to get in soon. However, there is no way we're going to attempt to have it work with playback. That's the reason it isn't in the game now. The best we can do in the short term is have WeGo TCP/IP without the ability to replay the action portion of the turn. This is a compromise solution between the current RealTime only and CMx1 style WeGo TCP/IP. Obviously it isn't the best, full solution for WeGo players... but that's as good as it can get for a while.

Steve

WeGo TCP/IP is something we hope to get in soon. However, there is no way we're going to attempt to have it work with playback. That's the reason it isn't in the game now. The best we can do in the short term is have WeGo TCP/IP without the ability to replay the action portion of the turn. This is a compromise solution between the current RealTime only and CMx1 style WeGo TCP/IP. Obviously it isn't the best, full solution for WeGo players... but that's as good as it can get for a while.

Steve

No problem sir I'll take it!!! Sooner the better :)