waltero

I think I understand what you're saying, and of course I'm not going against against it. If Satan had was viewing the war from one particular place it would have been Auschwitz, where he'd have felt right at home.

-- But the thing is, the Soviets fighting against them also had camps like that, almost but not quite as bad. Stalin thought his old enemy had achieved something brilliant with his death camps and was about to reapeat it in Siberia to exterminate the Russian Jews. The only thing that stopped him was death.

So, assuming God takes one side over the other, we can say he did it by making Hitler irrational after the Fall of France so he couldn't win the war. And by stepping in to kill Stalin before he could set up his own version of the Holocaust.

-- My only question is why he waits so long to do things like that?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark, where God personally melted the faces off those evil Uber-nazis. Just who's side do you think he was on then, eh?

I mean, it was based on a true story, right...?

I guess it just means God really hated Jews, Gypsies, gays, and German left wingers, to let the Nazis kill so many of them, before he put the kybosh on Adolf. :confused:

Originally posted by waltero:

I believe that the greater God will prevail in Battle.

I don't know if you are just trolling or if your worldview is really this myopic, but let's touch on a couple of points.

Are you saying that when Britain defeated Argentina in the Falklands war that obviously God is a protestant rather than a catholic?

Are you suggesting that because the United States recently defeated Iraq, it means God is a Christian rather than a Muslim? And wouldn't that then infer that Christianity is really just his second choice since North Vietnam expelled the United States some 30 years earlier?

While you might very well argue that there is a master plan, to suggest that you have been given divine providence to know exactly what it is seems rather arrogant. To preach at us as if we have somehow missed the point of your over simplified divine truth just adds condescension.

The world is changing.

Views, Ideas and beliefs are not the same as they were yesterday.

Who else but America could win the war?

Russia payed a heavy price for there disbelief.

Russia was spared total annihilation due to their alliance with America.

The only reason why I brought God into this was to explain my understanding of why I think Germany could of beat the Allies in WWII.

Yes, God probably had something to do with making Hitler irrational.

It seems to me if Hitler had not been a self-righteous egotistical madman Germany might have won the war.

The cries and prayers of the oppressed might of reached their limit. only then might God intervene?

That is when the Good ole USA came into the picture!

I am not a religious person.

That is just the way I read it. Documentaries Books interviews, all of them make reference to God.

The God factor! Give thanks to him and him alone.

The world is changing.

Views, Ideas and beliefs are not the same as they were yesterday.

Who else but America could win the war?

Russia payed a heavy price for there disbelief.

Russia was spared total annihilation due to their alliance with America.

What are you talking about? The germans were halted at Moscow before USA even joined the war.

God will use anybody for his good. I think he used the Russians as cannon fodder. :rolleyes:

Almost every country was involved in the murdering of the Jews during WWII!

Not much details, A ship full of Jews escaped from Germany but was sent back because No country wanted them.

Sent Back to fuel the fires!

Isn't that some funny ****! Kinda like the boy who the cops sent back to Jeffrey Dommer. (only knowing you were sending them back to their deaths)

[ June 18, 2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: waltero ]

God will use anybody for his good. I think he used the Russians as cannon fodder.

No this is not what you wrote. You claimed that the russian people was saved from annihilation due to their alliance with the US.

God's 3rd SS Panzerdivision 'Totenkopf'...

I can feel His presence especially when my rolls go '+1' ;)

'God factor' - waltero, this is a blasphemy smile.gif

Come on folks - god was called upon so many times - sometimes ppl fought bravely and turned a defeat into victory (i.e. God listened to their prayers) sometimes they fought bravely and lost (God was A.W.O.L.) - where was God when the crusaders carrying the True Cross were butchered by Saladin's infidels? Where was God when the Holy Inquisition (the most criminal organization ever to exist - SS was a joke compared to it) tortured and killed countless ppl based on idiotic grounds? Does he exist? Yes of course, but you'll never see HIM aid any army EVER! War is the result of human ego, pride, greed and other 'nice' treats like these. HE does not rejoice when HIS children kill eachother but nevertheless HE allowed the freedom of choice for HIS children.

Don't come here and consider HIM a 'factor' for winning wars.

Once Soddball entered into the picture this began to be a continuation of a argument from long ago that me and others had in the General forum.

It Had to do with Germany being given certain advantages in WWII games.

Some believed that due to this (Uber German) it created Kraut lovers and was a major flaw in game design.

It is thought that we now know everything about WWII. So taking that into consideration they should be able to create a game that would not give Germans a great advantage.

Being that we now know everything about the men, units and economy of WWII we should be able to rid German advantage in Games knowing now that they really had none. It is all black and white.

I say Horse Hockey!

It is not as cut and dry as you might want to believe!

There are factors that you can not understand!

The German economy is a major one. You see it all in black and white, you think you understand it but you can not!

So, how about that deep water for submarines in SC2? Anybody remember that was the original question on this thread? :eek: :eek:

Since almost all WW2 subs had to surface to recharge batteries and also to have any kind of speed while cruising, I see no need for deep water. :D:D

Brother Rambo,

Love those movie and TV Quotes and nobody picks better ones than you.

Mad Magazine did a great parody of that movie when it first came out (30+ years ago! :eek: ) Called The Poopside Down Adventure. The Shelly Winters character asks Gene Hackman what order he's with, "Our Lady of Perpetual Motion." ;)

Interesting all the conflict of Europeans vs Americans about WW2 and the deeper meaning. Especially about Good and Evil being involved. I suppose the Native People of the America's could've argued God was on our side, just our God wasn't a bountiful as theirs?

The Ideologies and Fanatical belief of the Nazis and their followers was nothing special or original. There has been so many radical sects throughout the ages with MUCH power too. Look at the Crusades tongue.gif

The fact of the matter is that you'll always have people picking up guns in the name of God and fighting the Just Fight. Either way it's brainwashing, no matter whether Politics, Science, Ethics tells you it's a Right War. One fights for what they feel independently is right, and that is the only right I feel. One's experience and one's own ideals = what comes of what...... WW2 Generation was clouded by past War that had gone on for Centuries in Europe. The Struggle for more... In the United States was an Exodus of people wanting new Ideas and New Wealth and to break from the old Code. That in itself has been clouded of the centuries as well. Nothing is perfect, fundamentally everything is failable. What is good and what is God, and vis versa is what we make of it... We have our own free will for that.

Were the Nazis evil, or rather the German Cause. Think hard on it, it's not so different than our paranoid, delusional expanionist Cold War everybody's gotta be Democratic Cause? Aye? Which we were will to nuke the entire world to achieve, same for the Communists ;)