So umm hey Madmatt! What exactly will a 9km square map look like at dawn in CMBB?

Good question! I would imagine in would look much like this.

I know what you saying, you jumping up and down and screaming: BUT THE SKIES TILE! THE SKIES TILE...

No, not anymore they don't! Just another little goodie from your friends at Battlefront.com ;)

Thats a 3km by 3km map and you can see the whole thing at once. *Other* games limit you to a few hundred meters of visible terrain at once..Yeah well..we don't!

9km_map.jpg

Madmatt

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]</p>

Im about to have a heart attack...I think any selve respecting game reviewer will have one too when they look at this game!

Jeez, I remember how the original CM looked when u first got it, unmodded, and all bright. The trees look amazing!

Im guessing not all the textures in this screenie are final, right Madmatt?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Most are reasonably final Commissar...currently I am finishing up the skies and then I need to finish up the buildings smile.gif

Dan<hr></blockquote>

WOW!!

Dan, That stuff looks GREAT!!

Right out the "box" this game is going to look GREAT!

I'm BLOWN away by these three Screen shots I've seen tonight. (There are Three! 1) Wheat Shot (soldiers in Wheat DOODADS, 2) Smoke in the Wind Shot (Smoke is bending over) and 3) Sky at dawn Shot as seen above).

WOW!! I really like the toned down trees and terrain, it looks great!

-tom w

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

WOW!!

Dan, That stuff looks GREAT!!

Right out the "box" this game is going to look GREAT!

I'm BLOWN away by these three Screen shots I've seen tonight. (There are Three! One Wheat Shot one Smoke in the Wind Shot and One Sky at dawn Shot as seen above)

WOW!! I really like the toned down trees and terrain, it looks great!

-tom w<hr></blockquote>

Um you just pointed out two...not three. Good pict Matt. You are to kind to us.

Nice smile.gif

Judging from the setup zone I'm guessing that is a meeting engagement QB? This is somewhat off-topic, but would you guys consider moving the setup zones for MEs further back from each other? This would make it less likely for opposing units starting the game in LOS of each other, and would limit the current "rush to the flag as fast as you can" nature of MEs.

Dan,

The reason I asked was because I think there are some pictures of rough (or maybe brush) down amongs the trees in this pic, and since Madmatt mentioned they would have doodas to make them 3d, I was wondering where those were. So I assumed they were not finished.

Are these doodas just hard to see from so high up?