Official "Out of the Dust II" Thread

Originally posted by slysniper:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Sly, is there points for keeping the enemy "captured" alive...shall i move them to a safe place (which would be my wish) or continue to flame and cause death?

Captured soldiers are worth more points than enemy casualties. Move them off away from the battle zone as soon as possible. If you can move them off a map edge without risking losing them, do so

That is correct. keep them alive and captured and your value for them increases, if you move them off a friendly edge, they increase in value even more.

Do not let them get close to their friendly troops or they might excape. </font>

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JonnyEnglish:

How's it going for all the players?..

Well I can’t really understand your all moaning and groaning about ‘being surprised’ and slapping foreheads with an audible ‘doh!’ :rolleyes: … Every time I opened a movie I was sayin to myself, “Go on, surprise me, please please surprise me!” but did I get surprised? Nooo siree, I did not. Not a single surprise to be seen, and believe me I looked behind every bush and in every depression. Speaking of which, I’m getting TERRIBLY DEPRESSED at how smoothly my plans are developing :mad: , it’s getting to be embarrassing having to add the disclaimer “Although the sender does, to some extent, regret the pain this movie will cause to the unfortunate recipient, he would like to point out that participation in this tournament was voluntary.” to every movie I mail to my opponents. tongue.gif HAVING SAID ALL THAT…the reality is, regrettably, slightly different. I have suffered some nasty jolts in every scenario, the worst being the first move of the bridge game … after all that hard work setting up CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED :eek: :mad: ! Closely followed by the bunker game…those bunkers are a PAIN :mad: and lord knows what other malicious surprises are waiting behind the next hill ! And not to forget the town game with that CENSORED :eek: CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED somewhere in the CENSORED! Woe, anguish, misery, despair…that’s what Sly’s tournaments are about! Thank you, SLYSNIPER, for the many once-a-nice-shade-of-brown hairs that have now turned a melancholy grey ;) .

Woe, anguish, misery, despair…that’s what Sly’s tournaments are about! Thank you, SLYSNIPER, for the many once-a-nice-shade-of-brown hairs that have now turned a melancholy grey .
I will have to defend myself here by saying it was not my goal to make Walker Gray before his time. I will have to admit he has drawn the hard side to play along with 4 others facing the same scenarios from the same side. :eek: Hopefully no one feels that their battle is going to easy, either side. I like the feeling of a challenging situation in the games.

While I am here, a reminder for all, that by the end of this week end you should have all your games to at least turn 8, and that is at the slowest acceptable pace. I know some are much farther than that but I have a few that might be having problems keeping that pace. Let me know if you are having problems with someone at this point, but as far as I know at this point there is no issues I know of that we cannot work with. please keep me informed though so I can judge any issues as we go on.

HA...Walker what are you talking about...I've met you and you are greyer than my 94 year old nan tongue.giftongue.gif:D

And I second every single good comment about these games so far. They are up there with the best smile.gif Great diversity, and all VERY challenging.

I've suffered my fair share of surprises and "DOH!" moments, and loved every one of them...hopefully I've given a few "DOH!" moments to my opponents :D:D

I agree the scenarios are all very challenging and well designed.

They cover a wide variety of situations on the battlefied and I was surprised to find out that I am doing good in all three scenarios, still learning many things.

The "Hills" scenario however is my favourite...the type of battle I am excited to do!

And I will have to admit that SLYSNIPER has surpassed himself. These are good scenarios. Damned good!

And I second every single good comment about these games so far. They are up there with the best Great diversity, and all VERY challenging.

Ah, you guys are starting to make me blush redface.gif

But praise all you want, I don't mind :D

Hello all,

I'd like to extend my sincere apologies to all the folks who attempted to contact me about this new tourney. I'm sorry I never got around to responding to you. Work/life has been hectic, to say the least, and my CM PBEM participation isn't the only interest in my life that has been suffering as a result. :(

That said, I'm delighted to hear that good old CMBO is still attracting enough interest for an event like this, and that the event seems to be going well so far. smile.gif Everyone watch out for Walker, because he's a tough opponent to face. Just when you think he's gonna go CENSORED, he CENSORED toward the CENSORED. Then, he goes ahead and CENSORED anyway. Ghastly frustrating, so I'm sure he'll be giving a few gray hairs in return. ;)

Do keep me in mind for Out of the Dust III. :D Hopefully life will wind down..... sometime. :rolleyes:

First, I just wanted to post the names of each present Scenario, it is in the game files but no-one has used them when dicussing the games.

Second, Lets hear from you as to which one is your favorite so far, Remember to not leak information at the moment that could affect other

battles.

Third, Note in my profile my new email address, please use this to contact me or when sending in results, also remember I do prefer the last game file sent over a print screen of the score. Also both players to send the file, not just one.

My old address is still working but I cannot tell you for how long.

Round One matches

Scenario A - Should have blown that Bridge

Scenario B - Unlucky Company B

Scenario C - Brick & Mortar forest

Originally posted by JonnyEnglish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Crow Warrior:

Scenario C - Brick & Mortar forest

Crow vs Bert

I believe we are on round 13.

Um, please tell me this is a mistake cos otherwise Bert is playing the mirror of our Scenario.C match & therefore has knowledge of all my units... :eek: </font>