BLUE and RED on the same side?

puje

In the editor, it is possible to have US and Syria together on the same side, if you change the missions presets back and forth. Unfortunately when I did this, it seemed to corrupt the scenario, telling me I needed "Marines" to open it again. Wierd...

Is there a way to actually make this playable, or am I just dreaming?

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

I use this a lot so yes it does work. We probably need to know more about what units you are selecting to understand why the game tells you that you need the USMC Module.

Well I sure didn't use any Marine units, because I don't have that installed.

I believe I used elements of a US MOUNT battalion (core campaign unit), some other minor us units, and Syrian special forces.

I guess  I should experiment a little so see what works.

13 minutes ago, puje said:

Well I sure didn't use any Marine units, because I don't have that installed.

I believe I used elements of a US MOUNT battalion (core campaign unit), some other minor us units, and Syrian special forces.

I guess  I should experiment a little so see what works.

Theoretically you shouldn't be able to use any unit from a module you don't own, but there are Syrian units unique to the Marine Module as well,.  It isn't just Marine units themselves that could be in conflict.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:34 PM, Hapless said:

If you press spacebar in the force selector, you can see what formations/units etc come with each module.

This is CMBN, but it works the same in CMSF2:
(...)
The fun things you learn by accidentally mashing the keyboard.

Wow, good find! Almost an easter-egg, that one is useful though.

Nope, I'll buy CMSF2 either: (a) as a reward when they add in non-modular buildings (b) once work gives me time to play (by which I mean design scenarios). No idea when that will be. In the meantime, what little bits of time I can spare go into Le Carillon. And that's precious little of late. 

Edited by LongLeftFlank