sound make my Games reload graphics

kendar

Hello everyone,

all my CMx2 games seem to have the same problem. Every time a new sound is played for the first time in the game, they seem to reloaded the graphics, as if I had done an alt-tab.

This happens with or without mods sounds.

This only happens with the CM, I have no problem with other games (Arma 3, IL2 etc...)

I tried everything (updated drivers etc...) Nothing helps.

Someone ever had this problem?

A lead?

Thank you

Edited by kendar

Hello Jenner,

I wonder if it has something to do with certain Sound Programs that some Players use that ends-up automagically crashing CM from time to time...Disable your Sound Card/Program (use your Computers Basic Sound instead) and see if it happens again.

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Yeah, I'm also using the Computers basic program, 'Realtek', without issues.

Hmm, I Gotz nothing more to add other then turning off 'Shaders' in CM and Video Card...Thou, I doubt this is the problem since your issue happens exclusively with Sound.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 7:58 PM, kendar said:

Hello everyone,

all my CMx2 games seem to have the same problem. Every time a new sound is played for the first time in the game, they seem to reloaded the graphics, as if I had done an alt-tab.

This happens with or without mods sounds.

This only happens with the CM, I have no problem with other games (Arma 3, IL2 etc...)

I tried everything (updated drivers etc...) Nothing helps.

Someone ever had this problem?

I think everyone gets this problem, at least I do. Most of us probably got so used to it that we hardly notice it any more.

10 hours ago, kendar said:

Well…

I tried everything that came to my mind.

Too bad, I will do with it,  but it's annoying anyway

Yes, it's an old game with an old engine.

I never noticed it was due to sounds loading though. As I see it, it just happens once in a while, especially when panning the camera around a lot and zooming in and out.

Seems like the game just randomly decides to flush all cached data, like textures, and reload everything again.

3 hours ago, IanL said:

Wow, this is news to me. I have never ever seen that. I would be suspicious that something else on your system is causing it.

You're playing on Mac, right?

13 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

News to me, too.  I can't recall having this happen in any of my CMx2 games. 

And you too.. if I remember correctly?

@kendar I am trying to troubleshoot this problem. Right now I'm trying running CMFB in compability mode for Windows 7. Playing about half an hour, I haven't been able to make the game do those weird graphics reloads ... yet. But I am not sure if I solved the problem or just been lucky so far not to see it. For me, the problem doesn't happen consistently.

Maybe you could help me by trying to use compability mode for Win 7 too? See if it helps?

Have you opened a ticket with the helpdesk?  They can probably give you better guidance.  Most instances like this are caused by something running in the background, sometimes something totally unexpected.  CM itself is pretty darn stable so more than likely you have a conflict with another program.

49 minutes ago, sburke said:

CM itself is pretty darn stable

I used to be, but it's not any more unfortunately. It started to crash frequently, just today it's crashed three times. And it's not just a problem I have.

@kendar Yes I've sen it happen again here too. It was a long shot but worth a try. If you find the solution I'll be very interested to know.

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

I used to be, but it's not any more unfortunately. It started to crash frequently, just today it's crashed three times. And it's not just a problem I have.

I am unaware of any tester with stability problems. Who are the other people with problems? I have RTM and test versions of everything in two machines and no crashing at all. Sometimes testing leads to crashes it's true but those issues get fixed and eventually even the test builds are rock solid.

It is much more likely that the change that is causing your instability is something else on your PC.

53 minutes ago, IanL said:

I am unaware of any tester with stability problems. Who are the other people with problems? I have RTM and test versions of everything in two machines and no crashing at all. Sometimes testing leads to crashes it's true but those issues get fixed and eventually even the test builds are rock solid.

It is much more likely that the change that is causing your instability is something else on your PC.

I don't know what that would be, as I'm not really running any strange antivirus or other programmes. Only thing I have running is dropbox and CMhelper.

There are other people posting about crashes:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/cmbn-crashing.27372/

I found a way to make the game do this strange lag/redrawing of scenery. Simply go into the briefing and wait about 30 seconds without touching the mouse. Then click the button to go back to the game. You should see the game lag, the trees disappear, the ground textures becoming blurry, then everything being redrawn and come back.

Now, I get this occasionally without going into the briefing. That's the problem. But at least others should be able to see what I'm talking about in this way.. if the same happens for you, that is.