4.0 bug reporting

3 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

US Infantry-only formations can purchase trucks and jeeps, and they are included in the TOE.

The way it works is any vehicle which is standard for an Infantry Only formation is available as an Individual Vehicle Purchase.  This is slightly different for Quick Battles and the Editor.  In the Editor vehicles are allowed in Infantry Only, in Quick Battle they are supposed to all be removed.  However, it's a painful process to scrub them out for QBs so it's possible that some slipped through.  It only takes *one* instance in the TO&E to cause it to appear in Individual Vehicles.

To reiterate... for QB Infantry Only there should be no vehicles at all available for any nation.  For Editor Infantry vehicles which are in Infantry TO&E are also avaialble as Individual Vehicles.

Steve

3 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

US Infantry-only formations can purchase trucks and jeeps, and they are included in the TOE.

I just checked again, and I can't do this in my copy. In Infantry Only I purchase a formation first, then when I go to Single Vehicles, the box is empty. If I first change to Mech Infantry before going to Single Vehicles, I can then find vehicles. Is this a bug? If so, apparently it is one I can live with, with only a tiny bit of inconvenience.

Michael

Steve ninjaed me on this one and all is clear now.

Edited by Michael Emrys

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I keep finding things. But the Wespe appears to be AWOL. (the on map version) I could have sworn it used to be in FI, and it appears in the manual, but its now gone.

Edited by Cobetco

• 5 months later...

I might as well add something I noticed:

The animations for firing on-map mortars, (specifically American 81mm Mortar) has become desynchronized. The tube now fires before the assistant drops the round.

EDIT: Purely cosmetic of course, the actual function of the weapon seems to be fine.

Edited by SLIM

• 4 months later...

I've noticed that in CMFI 4.0 (at least up through late 1943) US rifle squads now have 2 Springfields with grenade launchers. In CMFI 3.0, CMBN, and CMFB, they only have one grenade launcher per squad. I have no idea if this is a correction, or a bug?

They also now seem to always fire their AT grenade before the HE grenades, even at unarmored targets. This is not true in my copy of CMFI 3.0.