Has it got a co-operative multiplayer mode?

This would be an instant buy for me if it did.... also if this feature was retro fitted to previous titles in this series it would be a dream come true.

As I have said before. Some of my mates are too casual to want to go head to head.

P.S. Has the mission briefing resolution been fixed? My eyes don't need to squint at the screen.

Edited by Destraex1

Thanks Michael. Will have to keep playing coh2 and men of war 2 with friends then :( Poor substitutes really.

You know I own every cmx2 so far except for black sea and barely touch them because I don't have time for single player (not a loner when it comes to gaming) and with my limited game time play more social games.

Friends vs enemy AI or humans is my preferred way to play and sooooo many games do it.

Do you mean real time play, or wego (by turns)?

I never play real time; but although it is not "built int the game", you can quite easily play wego in teams ....

One team passes a saved, partially completed turn amongst themselves until the last player for that side hits the red button to generate a PBEM file ...

That file goes to the first player of the opposite side, and that team does the same until a file is returned.

The more players, the more organisation is needed, but eg two v two is very easy to manage. Provided both teams agree, one player per side can do whole turns if his partner is away, busy, etc.

How you assign roles within each team is limited only by how you want to play it out ...

Does not matter which. 
However you must be able to play against the AI, the point is to have a laugh together without being adversarial or having to find more than two players total. You know discussing plans together, which obviously would not be done in a VS match. I doubt you method would work this way :(

Edited by Destraex1

You don't seem convinced!

Because this is a bit of a work-around rather than something integral the normal operation of the game, I don't know if this gives you what you want or not, but ...

First, human v human (when you say "obviously would not be done in a VS match ...):

Team 1: player A & player B

Team 2: player Y & player Z

Create 3 dropbox folders: Folder 1 shared for Team 1, Folder 2 for Team 2, Folder 3 for all four players.

Ignoring the start up turns for now:

- Team 1 put filename 005.ema in dropbox 3 for Team 2 to play; both Team 2 players separately watch the replay in 005.ema and discuss the outcomes, their next moves; player Y inputs his orders into a filename 006.bts file, saved in the orders phase, in folder 2; player Z loads 006.bts, does his orders (supposing, for example, that you have split the forces under your joint command), and either sends a re-saved 006.bts back for more discussion in folder 2 or, when final, loads a "red-buttoned" file 006.ema (re-named from the default 007.ema - numbered by default as the last .bts file + 001) into folder 3;

Team 1 then repeat the turn process between themselves, using 006.ema from folder 3 to make first 007.bts in folder 1 then 007.ema in folder 3 to return again. Etc.

Intra-team tactics and discussion, plus enjoyment, no? Plus trash-talking the opposition, if you like that kind of thing!

Second, if you want to play two v the AI, then it's even easier as there is no opposite team to consider. Input joint orders via a shared, temporarily-saved file as above, run the turn, share the replay file so both can watch it, then input more joint orders via a shared file for the next turn ...

Perhaps not exactly what you were looking for, and a bit kludgy, but either route does offer co-operation and shared victories (or, in my case, often losses ... :(   )

However you must be able to play against the AI, the point is to have a laugh together without being adversarial or having to find more than two players total. You know discussing plans together, which obviously would not be done in a VS match.

You could always hook up the computer to a TV and have a friend over. Before the internet, when I was a kid, I used to play a lot of computer strategy games with my friends, looking at the same screen and discussing what to do. We played X-com ('UFO: Enemy Unknown' in Europe) for example.

A few of my friends are going to get FB when it comes out. It will be their first CM game in the series. Impressed with what they saw, the first question they asked is if it supports more than 2 players. Hopefully it gets there one day. Heck, I'd even pay for $25 update if it supported it.