Armatas anywhere in the world in 7 hours!

But what i really wanted to say is that i dont understand your comment, could you tell me what you mean by saying that about the T-72 turret?

Turret ejection charge.  It refers to the tendency of T-72 turrets to pop off and fly some distance if the autoloader's rounds cook off.  

Why are some people so trigger happy to post about and ridicule Russia(n media BS)? 

Like, BBC, CNN etc get a lot of military stuff wrong, but that's because most of the time they're simply not at all educated in military matters outside having watched "The Longest Day" once.  They get it wrong because often they do not know better, and they're still capable of filtering blatent propoganda sometimes, or asking uncomfortable questions.  Russia's media is a wholly state owned and operated enterprise.  It's only purpose is to belt out Russia power supreme HATO dogs lust for intercourse with our mother soil Latvia wants to join Russia! at max volume.  It tends to dramatic stinkers like SU-24s shutting down the entire US fleet and half the dastardly HATO military resigning because Russia will kill all with microwave Putin-gun, while CNN simply cannot tell a tank from some brands of large SUVs, but will still raise the WTF flag if polite men in ACUs suddenly appear in British Columbia to prevent French Canadian Nazi-Racists from harming our Anglo-heritage brothers!

Like, BBC, CNN etc get a lot of military stuff wrong, but that's because most of the time they're simply not at all educated in military matters outside having watched "The Longest Day" once.  They get it wrong because often they do not know better, and they're still capable of filtering blatent propoganda sometimes, or asking uncomfortable questions.  Russia's media is a wholly state owned and operated enterprise.  It's only purpose is to belt out Russia power supreme HATO dogs lust for intercourse with our mother soil Latvia wants to join Russia! at max volume.  It tends to dramatic stinkers like SU-24s shutting down the entire US fleet and half the dastardly HATO military resigning because Russia will kill all with microwave Putin-gun, while CNN simply cannot tell a tank from some brands of large SUVs, but will still raise the WTF flag if polite men in ACUs suddenly appear in British Columbia to prevent French Canadian Nazi-Racists from harming our Anglo-heritage brothers!

Well that's just what I mean Hato brother ;)

Since I have injured my right wrist today I'm handicapped elaborating. But words like that will only attract angry reaction of ill informed ones while the better informed ones will shy away from reacting. While I thoroughly enjoy dry humor, focusing on ridiculing ill informed people is in my experience counter productive for any worthwhile exchange of opinions.

P.S. CNN/BBC/etc are not only unknowingly reporting wrong info, also knowingly 'wrong' or at least knowingly misinformed. Vastly different from RT and the likes, but still ****e.

Edited by Lethaface

Turret ejection charge.  It refers to the tendency of T-72 turrets to pop off and fly some distance if the autoloader's rounds cook off.  

SU-24 not defeat the entire US fleet? Sounds like anti-motherland HATO propaganda to me!

Edited by Stagler

Why are some people so trigger happy to post about and ridicule Russia(n media BS)? There are plenty of similar Western media sources that don't receive similar attention here. Yes the Russian state controls much of their media outlets which is different from our media, although ours are also mostly controlled by politics and or economics. BS is BS and doesn't deserve the attention. The average Russian don't like their country being ridiculed, just like the average US/NL/UK/etc citizen.

You should look at this other thread going on in this Forum. It is about German media errors. The Germans aren't offended. In fact, they have launched into a major criticism of their armed forces primary rifle (G-36). So are you saying that the German posters are ridiculing their own country, or perhaps they are just being reasonably critical of its shortcomings?

Perhaps the average Russian is more susceptible to false information because of the state controlled propaganda but that doesn't merit ridiculing. At least in my opinion.

Bad reporting, especially from official state sources, should ALWAYS be ridiculed. I have no problem with people ridiculing George Bush for "Mission Accomplished". In fact, I ridiculed him at the time he said it :D

I don't think the conversation should be dumbed down in an effort to not offend those who are can't handle natural (and justifiable) reactions to the propagation of BS. If someone is offended by this, they should probably not enter discussion forums.

Steve

You should look at this other thread going on in this Forum. It is about German media errors. The Germans aren't offended. In fact, they have launched into a major criticism of their armed forces primary rifle (G-36). So are you saying that the German posters are ridiculing their own country, or perhaps they are just being reasonably critical of its shortcomings?

Bad reporting, especially from official state sources, should ALWAYS be ridiculed. I have no problem with people ridiculing George Bush for "Mission Accomplished". In fact, I ridiculed him at the time he said it :D

I don't think the conversation should be dumbed down in an effort to not offend those who are can't handle natural (and justifiable) reactions to the propagation of BS. If someone is offended by this, they should probably not enter discussion forums.

Steve

There is a difference between criticism and ridicule. While ridicule as reaction to someone making a mistake may be normal and acceptable to a certain degree, its value is not nearly as high as that of criticism. However natural or justified it may be in a certain situation, ridicule is always destructive, it naturally forces those who are ridiculed on the defensive and even strengthens their believe in what ever they are beeing ridiculed for, while objective cirticism is constructive and allows those who made a fault to improve their behavior without losing their faces. Interpersonal conflicts and even conflicts between states are nowadays as much about such seemingly antiquated values such as honour as they have ever been, and ridicule as an instrument of defilement is thus many times understood as nothing but an invitation to a fight. Objective critcism, on the other hand, is respectful by nature because it displays caring and respect for the cause of the person who is beeing critcised and thus the resistance to make behavioural changes is not nearly as high in the person who is beeing criticised as it is in the person who is beeing ridiculed. I see this in everday situations. When my boss ridicules one of my co-works for making a mistake, that guy often displays passive-aggressive behaviour and makes the same mistake over and and over again. When i tell him how and why he made a mistake and how he can avoid it in the future, that is almost always accepted and leading to an improvement.

Of course i personally sometimes ridcule people or organisations too, but just felt it was necessary to point out that ridcule does not equal criticism.

Edited by agusto

True, and in general I avoid ridicule as a rule. However, like everything there is a time and a place for it to be used appropriately. From my point of view, it is best used as an extension of criticism for situations that less detached criticism is inadequate. In the context of this thread, it is when a line is crossed between mistake and lie, between information and disinformation, between journalistic integrity and shameless propaganda.

Sometimes I criticize Russia Today. Sometimes I ridicule it. It depends on the circumstances which are in the context of Russia Today's overall behavior and history of reporting. This is an organization who has "experts" report on topics such as the Pope is here from another planet to control us. Sometimes ridicule is even too kind.

Also, I agree that ridiculing someone participating in a discussion, in person or virtual, is generally not acceptable or productive. However, at some point a line is crossed where the person has proven that he/she is worthy of such things as ridicule, scorn, etc. I believe the threshold for that is far higher for an individual than it is for an institution.

Steve

Well, just to be clear....I am ridiculing the **** out of this media source. That doesnt mean I'm ridiculing Russians anymore than making fun of the Weekly World News is ridiculing Americans

Don't write articles that are absurd and you (media) won't get ridiculed

Bliss is overrated :D

http://weeklyworldnews.com/

I sent a bunch of them to military friends serving in Iraq and Afghanistan as entertainment. Back when I was younger, I used to bring along a copy when camping. Reading the stories by campfire was fun. Plus, it was good at helping start the next fire, so it did server a practical purpose other than entertainment.

Steve

Reading back my post I could have been clearer. The excuse I have is that my injured wrist turned out to be broken and I didn't take any painkillers yet. ;)

I think ridiculing media or (autocratic) governments is healthy :). But sometimes the line between ridiculing those versus a whole group of people (Russians, Arabs, etc) becomes very vague. That is, imo, when the ridiculing has become a goal of and in itself. I sensed a bit of focus on ridiculing Russians just because they can be ridiculed while reading this and other threads the other day and felt like addressing it.

Edited by Lethaface

A fair point. But the issue I think you're sensing is that the topics we're discussing are inherently about Russia. This is a Russian military program and the information about it is coming (initially, at least) from Russian sources. It obviously leaves room for interpretation what is being ridiculed. However, I think people have been pretty specific about it AND it isn't just limited to Russia (see my mention of the G-36 thread).

As a moderator I will not tollerate a whole people being ridiculed. That is unfair and against the nature of this Forum. Unfortunately, there will always be those who can not keep these things separate. Some will look at the statements of Russia today and judge the Russian people by it, there will also be those who feel that any criticism of Russia Today is a criticism of the Russian people. The two are inherently separate.

Steve

And before anyone takes me seriously, I keep telling my wife I want to move to Finland when we retire. - She thinks I am crazy.

I can't say I disagree with her assessment.  :P   Why would you leave one cold place (Saskatoon) to retire to another cold place.  

I've had it with 50+ years of Manitoba winters.  When I retire in a few years, I am going someplace warmer for the winters.   My wife would divorce me if I said I wanted to retire to Finland and rightly, she should.  :D

See - above 0. What more could a person ask for. I have always had a soft spot for those plucky Finns.

Now Denmark . . . or Sweden.

You get so used to the cold winters, after 47 years, I do not even think much of them and it gets to be -45C here last winter for a brief spell. Finland is almost tropical in comparison to Saskatoon. My wife was born in a place where Summers are +35C-40C and the women wear fur coats when it gets down to +20C in December (as I am walking around in shorts and a T-Shirt).

Perhaps my wife is correct and I am crazy (though thank god she will not see me saying that).

Turret ejection charge. It refers to the tendency of T-72 turrets to pop off and fly some distance if the autoloader's rounds cook off.

Like, BBC, CNN etc get a lot of military stuff wrong, but that's because most of the time they're simply not at all educated in military matters outside having watched "The Longest Day" once. They get it wrong because often they do not know better, and they're still capable of filtering blatent propoganda sometimes, or asking uncomfortable questions. Russia's media is a wholly state owned and operated enterprise. It's only purpose is to belt out Russia power supreme HATO dogs lust for intercourse with our mother soil Latvia wants to join Russia! at max volume. It tends to dramatic stinkers like SU-24s shutting down the entire US fleet and half the dastardly HATO military resigning because Russia will kill all with microwave Putin-gun, while CNN simply cannot tell a tank from some brands of large SUVs, but will still raise the WTF flag if polite men in ACUs suddenly appear in British Columbia to prevent French Canadian Nazi-Racists from harming our Anglo-heritage brothers!

I'm 7000km from british Columbia.. No way i can harm anglos unless I use that new supersonic Russian transport plane;) Now i'll go back to read mein kampft ;)

I'm 7000km from british Columbia.. No way i can harm anglos unless I use that new supersonic Russian transport plane;) Now i'll go back to read mein kampft  ;) 

If I was Russia today, you'd realize this would turn into "French Canadian Nazis admit desire to kill all Anglo-Canadians, desire for alliance with Russians: Intent to murder only stifled by distance and "Polite Men/Airsofters/Canadian Defense League M1A2 SEP v2s manned by Texas-Canadans"

I think I'll stick with my San Jose weather. I did discuss with the wife about retiring to Pennsylvania where I grew up as retirement is better. She had 4 words for me. Cold, heat, bugs, no.

I still love my hometown and the place where I'm living, but I can't deny against bug and cold claim XD Without those, this is perfect place for kids and retired ppl IMO

A fair point. But the issue I think you're sensing is that the topics we're discussing are inherently about Russia. This is a Russian military program and the information about it is coming (initially, at least) from Russian sources. It obviously leaves room for interpretation what is being ridiculed. However, I think people have been pretty specific about it AND it isn't just limited to Russia (see my mention of the G-36 thread).

As a moderator I will not tollerate a whole people being ridiculed. That is unfair and against the nature of this Forum. Unfortunately, there will always be those who can not keep these things separate. Some will look at the statements of Russia today and judge the Russian people by it, there will also be those who feel that any criticism of Russia Today is a criticism of the Russian people. The two are inherently separate.

Steve

FWIW I have always thought the moderation is here is spot on.