The Peng Challenge: Thread Blunder

Joe Shaw

Benn taking lessons from OFJ, I see.

Noba.

Benn, who is Benn?

Been taking spelling lessons at House Rune I see.

I am conflicted.  Rushing home from a family dinner, desperate to respond to Noba, I feel I should be upset that sburke beat me to the punch.  But a sense of pride creeps in, knowing that the House of Shavian wins again!!

speedbump2

Sir Joe Shaw, to you sir.

You mean Joe the Schmo, he who is preceded, followed, and surrounded by a miasma so dense and so foul that even buzzards have been known to fall in a dead faint from the sky just for passing a mile above him? He whose gaseous effusions can take the paint off of walls a hundred yards away and etch the surface of stainless steel? He for whom the annual removal and burial of his sox is eagerly awaited and a cause for celebration in his town? That Joe?

Michael

Said no one ever.

Which raises an existential question.  By quoting "House of Shavian wins again!!" you implicitly recognize its existence.  Further by implication, if you recognize its existence, you recognize its validity.  Therefore, if you recognize its validity, you recognize its truth!

This logic is further supported by Renee Descarte's "Ergo Sum".  I think, therefore I am.  Conscious recognition of the fact (House of Shavian wins again) leads directly to its existence...rather simple actually.

Speedbump2

I never said it didn't exist. I might wish fervently that it did not exist, but as Jayne Cobb once said, "If wishes were horses we'd all be eatin' steak".

And existence does not equal validity and validity does not equal thruth.

Good grief, when it comes to philosophy, you just flail around, tossing any semi-pithy phrase into the mix, hoping you'll say something that almost sounds wise.

Did you graduate Summa Cum Laud from the Kettlerian School of Obfusticated Thinking?

I'd like to express my usual disdain and disgust at the majority of you present, excepting of course the THREE members of the Shavian House who grace our humble abode and lend some class to an otherwise undistinguished gathering. I'd like to but the holiday spirit has once again taken hold and I'm obliged therefore to wish you all ...

A Rollicking Ragnarok!

Joe

And existence does not equal validity and validity does not equal thruth.

And just because you say it is not true, does not make it....no that doesn't sound right...let's see.  You sound untruthy?  No, no how do I say this....

You are wrong.   Ah, that's it.  That's correct.  Obviously redundant, but true.

Edited by speedbump2

I'd like to express my usual disdain and disgust at the majority of you present, excepting of course the THREE members of the Shavian House who grace our humble abode and lend some class to an otherwise undistinguished gathering. I'd like to but the holiday spirit has once again taken hold and I'm obliged therefore to wish you all ...

A Rollicking Ragnarok!

Joe

That's it Sir Joe, have it roll right over these miscreants....

I awake to the New Year full of optimism and hope...until I come here and realize that I am surrounded by a miasma of ineptitude and ignorance.

However, things are looking up. Steve G. was able to solve my registration issue which allows me to fully whoop my opponents in France and Belgium.

Updates:

1)  Noba is streaming hordes of Cats and funny six-wheeled contraptions across the fields of Russia towards my thin brown line of supply troops.  Luckily, the Luftwaffe can't tell Grey from Brown and bombed his setup zone.  Not to worry, however, as I am armed with numerous 7 foot long anti-tank rifles and these will do short work of the enemy.

B ) Boo Radley seems to think that holidays are not days to return numerous turns.  Clearly fearful of crossing rivers in the face of my elite stormtroopers, I await his tentative first steps.

iii) Nidan1, with my install issues eliminated, your primary hope of not losing has evaporated.  Prepare to be swarmed under by my conscripted yanks.

speedbump2

Edited by speedbump2

Everybody write this down: Speedbump actually got something right for once.

B ) Boo Radley seems to think that holidays are not days to return numerous turns.  Clearly fearful of crossing rivers in the face of my elite stormtroopers, I await his tentative first steps.

Actually as much as I am a mere squire, I must uphold the teachings of my liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House. My learned colleague speedbump was incorrect in his statement "Boo Radley seems to think". Boo is incapable of thought. He is comparable to that dead frog in biology class your teacher had you apply battery leads to in order to understand muscle movement. The leg moved, however Boo the frog is still brain dead.  Perhaps I am mistaken and speedbump only meant to show what a thinking person might do and how Boo was a pale imitation of that, in which case I withdraw my objection.

Actually as much as I am a mere squire, I must uphold the teachings of my liege Joe Shaw Knight Champion of the M.B.T., Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, Creator of the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast, CessPool Drain Commissioner and Founder of the Shavian House. My learned colleague speedbump was incorrect in his statement "Boo Radley seems to think". Boo is incapable of thought. He is comparable to that dead frog in biology class your teacher had you apply battery leads to in order to understand muscle movement. The leg moved, however Boo the frog is still brain dead.  Perhaps I am mistaken and speedbump only meant to show what a thinking person might do and how Boo was a pale imitation of that, in which case I withdraw my objection.

sburke, you are no doubt correct.  My assumption was that Boo Radley had developed conscious thought in the 10 years that I have been absent.  My optimism was clearly misplaced.  I should have realized it when I smelled that odor of corruption, only partly covered by the formaldehyde.  Dead frog indeed...

While we are on the subject, anyone up for applying battery leads to Boo?  I am thinking a battery like this.

196033-1205004-collins-class-submarine.j

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_view/9409-747-200-902sw-ib'>http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_view/9409-747-200-902sw-ib

Here,  give this smiling idjit access to this document.

Edited by Nidan1