Commonwealth Uniforms

Nick Legh

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if those bullets come stright from that ordnance box then they can by all means be clean.

Thank you Rambler - will apply as soon as you get it online. How much is missing still?

My brother was a M60 gunner in Viet Nam (1st Cav). You bet they were clean. (Well, maybe not the belt as much, but the rounds were.) He was always cleaning/recleaning them as necessary out in the field. If your life and the life of your squadies were on the line, wouldn't you make certain they were?

Thank you Rambler - will apply as soon as you get it online. How much is missing still?

The Vickers is about 60% done. Have to finish up the top cover area, flash hider/muzzle, trigger group at the back of the gun, and some slight weathering/scratches.

Overall, I'd put the mod at 90% done. I have to put the finishing touches on a couple M1s, finish the Vickers and modify the normal maps for those two weapons.

In regards to the belt, it isn't really white in the actual texture. It's more a very light tan. The lighting in the game makes it appear as white as it does. I think the belt and rounds are well done on the original texture, and I like them. They're staying :). Saves me time too.

The Vickers is about 60% done. Have to finish up the top cover area, flash hider/muzzle, trigger group at the back of the gun, and some slight weathering/scratches.

Overall, I'd put the mod at 90% done. I have to put the finishing touches on a couple M1s, finish the Vickers and modify the normal maps for those two weapons.

In regards to the belt, it isn't really white in the actual texture. It's more a very light tan. The lighting in the game makes it appear as white as it does. I think the belt and rounds are well done on the original texture, and I like them. They're staying :). Saves me time too.

Rambler your work is much appreciated, many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I can do an update shot Waycool :). The flash hider is now more correct with six cut outs around the circumference and the ability to see the booster assembly through them. Unfortunately, I can't get them all equally spaced due to the texture mapping. It took forever to get it to the point it's at now. There's a larger gap between the cut outs on the top and bottom, but whatever. It is what it is. It looks a lot better than the two cut outs on the stock skin. Lacing the water jacket cover was another mind exercise. I think it turned out alright, though.

UXLfMWU.jpg

You're welcome veralum. These should be compatible with Gustav if they don't change any filenames.