"The Farm" Tournament - OFFICIAL SIGN-UP

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no such plans, as I had no idea there would be this much interest. I don't have another scenario ready; I suppose there could be a rematch of the first scenario or something. I'll think about it - there's plenty of time.

Sweet, looks like we will all get to play after all, just need a couple more. I assume there will be a championship round between the two bracket winners? It will draw spectators in the 10's of people :D. Just think of the merchandising!

I wouldn't expect you to build an additional scenario for one match. Perhaps just look at the results and pick the most balanced scenario in terms of wins and losses, then flip a coin to choose sides? I don't think anyone would gripe about that. Pretty sure everyone here just wants a fun competition.

Still more second bracket updates:

1. Copper

2. Ranger33

3. Bertram

4. ~Viajero

5. sfhand

6. Mike Churchmoor

7. slysniper

8. Nidan1

9. Odin

10. dan/california

11. The Instigator

12. c3k

13. StoneAge

14. sluggo337

We just need two for to fill it up and get things started.

OK, that's it; second bracket is filled. I'll get the match-ups sorted and emails out in the next 24-48 hours.

1. Copper

2. Ranger33

3. Bertram

4. ~Viajero

5. sfhand

6. Mike Churchmoor

7. slysniper

8. Nidan1

9. Odin

10. dan/california

11. The Instigator

12. c3k

13. StoneAge

14. sluggo337

15. Wartooth

16. funkeesax

and now third bracket :eek: (I am already in :D)

But how beautiful are the scenarios made ​​by Bimmer!

I still remember the scenario for CMSF "The Race is On", a true example of Bimmer's philosophy.

Thanks Bimmer. ;)

Thanks for the kind words.

I think I'm going to cap it at two brackets. My fingers are already tired, and my brain isn't too far behind. :D

Second bracket match-ups:

German Player---U.S. Player

Copper vs. funkeesax

Bertram vs. sluggo337

sfhand vs. c3k

slysniper vs. dan/california

Odin vs. Nidan1

The Instigator vs. Mike Churchmoor

StoneAge vs. ~Viajero

Wartooth vs. Ranger33

Emails on the way. Let's keep the same deadline for both brackets: 2 February 2012

Presume the objective areas seen are "ocupy targets" and not just "tag targets", correct?

I had another question on this, so let me clarify things:

The briefings are intended to be vague, as an actual military briefing might be in an uncertain situation; they are not intended to be explicit instructions for a game. Reading them carefully and inferring meaning is part of the exercise.

I will not, in the interests of fairness, elaborate on the briefings. You should consider your mission objectives and infer what type of objectives would be most appropriate; I have selected objective types in-game based directly upon the missions assigned.

I had another question on this, so let me clarify things:

The briefings are intended to be vague, as an actual military briefing might be in an uncertain situation; they are not intended to be explicit instructions for a game. Reading them carefully and inferring meaning is part of the exercise.

I will not, in the interests of fairness, elaborate on the briefings. You should consider your mission objectives and infer what type of objectives would be most appropriate; I have selected objective types in-game based directly upon the missions assigned.

Cool, fair enough!

Presume the objective areas seen are "ocupy targets" and not just "tag targets", correct?

Once you get there you can tell the difference. I am playing Huzzar! with a friend. That scenario, at least for the Americans, has touch objectives and occupy objectives. Once you get to a touch objective you get a notice on screen (and a sound) that you have satisfied it and the green highlighting on the map goes away.

So, even though Bimmer is not commenting, and given the fact that I have no clue either, you are now armed with the information to figure it out yourself once one of your teams arrives at an objective.

Once you get there you can tell the difference. I am playing Huzzar! with a friend. That scenario, at least for the Americans, has touch objectives and occupy objectives. Once you get to a touch objective you get a notice on screen (and a sound) that you have satisfied it and the green highlighting on the map goes away.

So, even though Bimmer is not commenting, and given the fact that I have no clue either, you are now armed with the information to figure it out yourself once one of your teams arrives at an objective.

Or you just provided information he was deliberately trying not to...

Well, now that operational security has been compromised by spoilers in another thread, I'm inclined to just dump this. Not much point in spending the time and effort to administer a tournament after the active scenario has been discussed in public. I'll be releasing the scenario pack shortly for any who want to play the other ones I had planned.

Sorry for any inconvenience to everyone else; it is unfortunately beyond my ability to stop players from posting spoilers. Thanks for participating.